New mid-high end pc?

szitler

Solid State Member
Hi,

Had my PC a year now and its getting on. FPS are running low on most games now and i really want to play some games on higher graphics.

Currently have:

6GB DDR3 RAM
Intel core i3 2120
HD Intel graphics (yes i know, pathetic).

I got a bit giddy last year buying my first decent pc and didnt realise the GPU was shocking, it was on finance so had no way of getting rid.

Im now ready for a new PC. Is there any finance deals i can get on computer ? i can pay around £70-80 a month maybe more, im in no position to build a PC as im far too busy with pilot training and work.

Any suggestions would be great.

cheers
adam

You could just get a decent graphics card and that might save money buying a new system as your specs are quite decent.

I've had a previous discussion on here about this.

The power supply on my hard drive is like insanely low, so low people actually thought i was kidding about it. I had to buy at least 7-8 different components totalling around £500 JUST to replace the GPU, as i needed a power supply, new case, some suggested a motherboard, cooler etc etc....

It was just too much of a faff on.

Oh yea I remember your thread. The one with the tiner Acer.

Since I don't live in the UK I don't know of any places that do financing. So you're on your own there. If you want to salvage your rig that is doable too.

Yeah thats me! there were a few gaming pcs at around the £800 mark but i just never know how good they will be from a shop. I may take a snoop around and pop back on here with some details.

Run the hardware and price by here. Can tell you if it's a good deal or not. Honestly, for that much cash man you can just get the other one which will be a better PC for the money as it is.

Looking at the PC World/Currys websites, there is not much options. I found one alternative
http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/deskt...acer-predator-g3-desktop-pc-17392818-pdt.html

This sacrifices the i7 for the i5 (which is not really at all bad) but gives it a Geforce 660. However it is £870 (£100 more). I would go with the i7 machine and upgrade the graphics card later on.
Pc world/Currys really dont have much choice unless you have a different shop in mind.

Back
Top Bottom