New Intel Allendale Processors & Price Cuts___Oct 21st

Status
Not open for further replies.
notice the absense of nagasma, vanish, hmmann and apok's (AMD Squad) comments

hey invisible...lol so sorry i was working all week...you should know that i will chime in at my convenience, lol...
im not skeered...
first just let me say that thank god the P4 will finally be shot in the head like the lame horse that it has become. heh.
meh, 2180, a good cpu. better than my 3600 by a bit, maybe..snort snort. it will cost 84 bucks, 25 more than my 3600...a 50% increase in price. 50% increase in performance...mmmm think not.
it will cost the same as a 4400 brisbane. it performs marginally better. ba yow.
product loyalty. thats what that boils down to. and if you're a fanboy, its ok, so am i.
you guys crack me up...
"omfg AMD is going under"
guess what...AMD owns a huge share of the server market (not everyone uses their computer for gaming much to our chagrin). and that aint likely to change, as billion dollar companies do not get to be billion dollar companies by changing their network/server/operational systems just because another chip can do super pi faster (from our standpoint). so, its really kind of a moot argument. but, unless intel produces a chip that is 50%+ faster than the current AMD chip, i will stay where i am. because i am a loyal fanboy. as are the other people/companies that buy hundreds of thousands of AMD chips.
but hooray, now nagasama has stepped into the fray.
i should be a rapper.

We all know AMD is here to stay, but they are pulling out of the arms race, so to speak. They're not building nuclear missles anymore for the USSR, they're selling bullets and RPGs to African countries...

hey invisible...lol so sorry i was working all week...you should know that i will chime in at my convenience, lol...
im not skeered...
first just let me say that thank god the P4 will finally be shot in the head like the lame horse that it has become. heh.
meh, 2180, a good cpu. better than my 3600 by a bit, maybe..snort snort. it will cost 84 bucks, 25 more than my 3600...a 50% increase in price. 50% increase in performance...mmmm think not.
it will cost the same as a 4400 brisbane. it performs marginally better. ba yow.
product loyalty. thats what that boils down to. and if you're a fanboy, its ok, so am i.
you guys crack me up...
"omfg AMD is going under"
guess what...AMD owns a huge share of the server market (not everyone uses their computer for gaming much to our chagrin). and that aint likely to change, as billion dollar companies do not get to be billion dollar companies by changing their network/server/operational systems just because another chip can do super pi faster (from our standpoint). so, its really kind of a moot argument. but, unless intel produces a chip that is 50%+ faster than the current AMD chip, i will stay where i am. because i am a loyal fanboy. as are the other people/companies that buy hundreds of thousands of AMD chips.
but hooray, now nagasama has stepped into the fray.
i should be a rapper.

agreed.:money:

Yes... NetBurst was an absolute disgrace to the word Microprocessor... And i would know, Im running off it lol.

Anyway, people forget just how rich AMD are. They are MASSIVE

shhhh!!! only i can bad mouth p4's....

Please can you show me a benchmark ?

I haven't found any benchmark for E2180 but I don't think that 4400+ is better

But I found benchmarks for E4400
X-bit labs - Core 2 Duo E6420, E6320 and E4400 Plus Another 15 Sub-$200 Dual-Core Processors (page 7)

E4400 performs on par with 4800 brisbane, and the only difference between E4400 and E2180 is that E2180 have half the cache. So, I think E2180 would perform on par with AMD 4400+ at stock. E2180 has higher overclocking potential than AMD 4400+

^^you're absolutely right maroon1, i meant the 2180 will perform marginally better than the 4400.^^
and most of that is due to the overclocking potential which is indeed greater.
with intel/amd prices and the newer models coming out (intel), i really think that now it comes down to which company you like more. the closest comparison in quads would be the 2344HE barcelona at 1.7ghz and the q6600 kentsfield at 2.4 ghz. the barcelona is a little cheaper, but i dont know if they have been actually benchmarked together yet. plus the barcelona is socket f, which is useless to those of us with am2 mobos. i'll be trying out the agena or kuma and see how it stacks up, i think it will hold its own against the intel offerings. we'll see i guess. till then lol ill just keep cookin with my 3600. (and my hd2900pro wo0t).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom