New Intel Allendale Processors & Price Cuts___Oct 21st

Status
Not open for further replies.

maroon1

Banned
Desktop Processors

On October 21, Intel will launch the 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo E4600. It will supplant the 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo E4500, which will be adjusted downwards from the current price of $133 to $113.

This puts the E4500 at the same price point as the 2.0GHz E4400. However, Intel does not intend to reduce the price of the E4400.

Intel will also reduce the price of the Intel Pentium 4 631 by $10 to just $59 in quantities of 1000. This is presumably the price for the final batch of the Pentium 4 631 as it is scheduled to be discontinued this month.

On December 2, Intel will introduce the Pentium Dual-Core E2200. It will be a 2.20GHz part priced at $84. Only in January 2008 will Intel reduce the price of the Pentium Dual-Core E2180. It will be pegged at the $74 price point which used to be occupied by the E2160. The Pentium Dual Core E2160 will also be adjusted downwards to $64, the same price point as the lowest-end E2140 model.

57749d1192116980-new-intel-65nm-processors-price-cuts___oct-cuts1zh1.jpg

Source
Tech ARP - ED#62 : New Intel 65nm Processors & Price Cuts

AMD has to be hating life right about now. Looks like i'll be able to pick up a 2180 on the cheap for my htpc.

Heh hardly worth waiting 3 months for a 10 dollar price break on it though. Man new egg is gonna love me soon. Probably going to order my new cards/board/cpu in the next week or so.
Move the ds3r and corsair ram into the HTPC. Add 2180 OC'd. Vista 32
Then put a ds3q i think it was with 2 2900 pros and a corsair 620 :)

You've got to hand it to Intel for being so loyal to this socket though, my goodness. I feel so secure in owning my current mobo because I know that next summer or fall it will still be commonplace in the Intel line-up.

You've got to hand it to Intel for being so loyal to this socket though, my goodness. I feel so secure in owning my current mobo because I know that next summer or fall it will still be commonplace in the Intel line-up.

I actually feel bad for amd...they served me good before but theyve just lost it.

They have no intent of competing with Intel, they know that would be hopeless. A lot of companies (dell, hp, gateway) are selling both Intel and AMD computers though...

They have no intent of competing with Intel, they know that would be hopeless. A lot of companies (dell, hp, gateway) are selling both Intel and AMD computers though...

Yup... But not to fear, we do still have a large element that drives the processor war to new levels of performance.... GAMING.

AMD and Intel used to duke it out for the sake of being the best, but it was hardly ever practical as the performance was way beyond what we needed. Now we have games that eat up processing power, which will drive a single company to the point of madness as it tries to keep up, competition or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom