New high end Nvidia Card Due November

Status
Not open for further replies.

maroon1

Banned
NVIDIA'S NEXT SHOT IN THE GPU WAR
During his speech, Nvidia's senior vice president Dan Vivoli let slip that Nvidia intended to “launch new hardware to coincide with Crysis' launch.” Vivoli didn't elaborate, but the rumor mill has been predicting that Nvidia would ship a new top-end GPU right before the holiday shopping season, just as they did with the GeForce 8800 last year.

Source
Nvidia Launching New Hardware to Coincide with Crysis Release - MrMick - Maximum PC

Wait wait wait.

A higher end card in the 8 series? Like an 8800 Uber Ultra? Maybe an intro into the 9 series with a high end card? Hmmmmm.

As amazing as this game is, I find part of this hard to believe-

"Comparing Crysis to Dinosaur Island, the tech demo that Crytek eventually turned into Far Cry, Vivoli claimed that the new game performs “3,000 operations per pixel, compared to 30 operations per pixel in Dinosaur Island.” He said Crytek had created “85,000 shaders for the game, about the same shader complexity as today's animated films.”"

Almost as many shaders for the game as they have in animated films? As in animated films they use server farms for? I don't know much about that stuff on a technical level, but that sounds like a load of BS.

I'm hedging my bets that it will be an 8900 card.

They are also phasing out the 8800GTS 320.

I am buying an 8800GTS tonight, I just can't wait another month.

Interesting. Right now im playing the beta of Tabula Rasa and its actually putting my 8800 gts to its limits. But from what im told there are still a lot of graphical optimizations left to be done.
BTW, TR uses all 4 cores...whee!

Maybe call it a 8850?

Ya know now that I think of that, I wouldn't doubt it. I could see them releasing an 8850, or even an 8900.

What do you guys think the prices might be? I mean an Ultra is above $700, so not many people have that card. I don't see why they'd want to release an even higher end card. I mean it wouldn't cost less then like $800, unless they lowered the price on all their cards. If they did that, I'd for sure pick up a GTX.

Even though the 8800GTS 320MB is a great card, I wouldn't mind selling it and picking up a new card. Granted I've only had it for a few months, it'd just be nice to have a bit of a faster card.

it might be the 8700 i heard bout , but if not i think it will be a 8900 more likely than a 8850 sorry trotter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom