New Help w/ PC Build

Edgar

In Runtime
It has seriously been such a long time since I have known or touched a PC for gaming. I moved to the dark side of Xbox and started using my Macbook Pro for everything else but really want to not get a Xbox ONE or PS4 and get a new rig to play some BF4 and enjoy some CS.

Started an account on Newegg and going to piece this baby one thing at a time and build it myself (can't be to hard)

Now where do I start?

I am of course reading some FAQs but want to get some real time feedback from some of the members on here.

Case?

Mobo/Processor Combo?
One of my buddies said to get an I7 (something) and I use to have a P4 which barely gave me any issues so I want to stay away from anything else to be honest. I want my PC to perform well and I wouldn't really be doing anything much but surfing the net maybe downloading some things here and there.

Graphics Card? Whats good nowadays? I had a Radeon 9800 back in the day which did fine.

Ram?

Power Supply?

All the help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Let's just start with a budget and we'll go from there.

First things first, you don't need an i7. If you want to play BF4, CS, and browse the net the i5 4670k is your golden achiever. HT does squat for games.

Good call PP, lets say about $700 to $1000 after some research I did last night.

I would of course need some kind of CD Drive and really thinking about it a case that will keep everything nice and cool.

Probably doesn't understand why it's there.

The SSD linked would be your main storage drive which is exceptionally faster than a standard HDD in both raw speed and latency. It seriously boosts the general performance speed and loading times of your computer but the price per GB is higher than mechanical HDDs thus for the money you are getting 120GB. The extra 1TB drive is for storage and large programs that otherwise can't fit on the SSD.

Back
Top Bottom