New heatsink, which one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
HaHaHa, I would say probably but I'm really not sure. I run both of mine at 100% but I have 23 fan running in my PC so your guess is as good as mine. I just turn the TV up loud enough to drown out the fan noise :D

Hehe I do the same thing anyway, and now since I will be gaming with headphones or like you, having TV on in the background or music, noise shouldn't be a problem.

Megahalem, 2x Silverstone FM123, and the Accelero Twin Pro it is! Thanks a million Slay...if anyone here was to give the right advice on high end air cooling it's you. Much appreciated!

One last question, though :D on the Magahelm specs it says it comes with "4 x Fan Mounting Clips", so I should be good with those 2 fans and I don't need to add any extra clips? I'm assuming the "buy extra clips" option is only for 120x38 fans?

edit: I think I'm going to wait on the Accelero until this time next month, just in case they come out with an Xtreme model for the 5870, or if something else comes out that's better.

Sorry to persistently go off topic, but daaammmnnnn...... thats is some nice view! Even the bathtub overlooks a couple of windows (would be weird though.. :p) And you're getting that for free! How much would leasing something like that cost?

^$7k/month fully furnished. It's a 700m2 penthouse type flat, but I just use the master bedroom (and kitchen of course) because it's just as big as big any apartment I have ever lived in on its own haha. That jacuzzi is nice because of the view, and I put a TV in there...the girlfriend loves it. The windows are all tinted and you can't see in them at night, and there's also blackout blinds. It's a really beautiful view to get out of the shower to every morning..
Not getting it totally for free though as I haven't gotten a raise in more than a year, so I'm pretty sure this is the reason hehe. Plus, someone could come along and want to lease the place and I'll have to be out of there.

One last question, though :D on the Magahelm specs it says it comes with "4 x Fan Mounting Clips", so I should be good with those 2 fans and I don't need to add any extra clips? I'm assuming the "buy extra clips" option is only for 120x38 fans?

Yes, you should be good with the clips.
And I'll keep an eye open for a really good 5870 cooler :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom