New heatsink, which one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

james.wired

Equator Gringo
Looking for a better heatsink than the one I have now. Just want something newer and better to play with ;)

Here's what I am looking at:

Prolimatech Megahalems Rev B. Intel CPU Heatsink (LGA 775 / 1156 / 1366) (AM2** / AM2+** / AM3**) Hot Item!! - FrozenCPU.com

Noctua NH-U12P SE2 CPU Heat Sink With 2 Noctua Fans (Socket AM2, AM3, 775, 1366, 1156) - FrozenCPU.com

A couple of other ones I was looking at were the True Copper, and even the Corsair H50 (anyone used this?).

Any suggestions on anything out there? Any help would be much appreciated :D

edit: Also looking at a cooler for a 5870. I have been eying the Arctic Cooling Accelero: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/10196/vid-141/Arctic_Cooling_Accelero_TWIN_TURBO_PRO_Quad_Heatpipe_Universal_VGA_Cooler_NVIDIA_and_ATI_HD_5870_Compatible_.html

If you don't mind lapping then I'll say go with the True. Otherwise I would go with the Prolimatech :D

I'm using the AC Accelero Xtreme with my GTX 280 and they work great. But I'll bet money their working on a Xtreme model for the 5870 so you might want to wait on it.

Problem is I can't really wait too long. after March 1st I won't have any connections to the USA for a while (brother's wedding so lots of family coming down and I get to stick them on the plane with goodies), and shipping from Frozen to Panama costs more than the product itself :(. So unless they come out with it before then I will have to go with another alternative.

edit: That Extreme looks massive I love it, too bad they don't have it for ATi yet.

Well if there's one place on the Planet that gets Hot enough for the Xtreme model it would be Panama :D
Panama Red :D

^ Yeah tell me about :p. The Accelero Xtreme could do well here :devil: I was reading a thread from Overclock.net's forum that was posted last year where they did a True Copper vs. Megahalem:

http://www.overclock.net/air-cooling/489625-two-towers-true-copper-vs-prolimatech.html

Btw- Going up to Naples next month, we'll see how your guys' weather compares at this time of year. I'm hoping for a break from this heat and humidity!

TRUE 120 - $50 shipped to your connection in USA?
it's unlapped though...

Still looking, but I'll get back to you on it and thanks for mentioning the offer man.

Don't believe everything you read in that overclock.net post. On the last page some guy claims the True Copper comes with a Flat, Polished base. Wrong!!! While the base is polished at the factory it is far from flat.

so how come bowed heatsinks aren't good, but bowed waterblocks are good?

in the watercooling market all the top notch blocks are bowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom