New HD2900Pro to HD2900XT BioS Flash Sucess!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basicly, a 2900Pro is a XT that they toned down so they could compete in the 8800GTS' price range. Using a bootable flash drive you can fool the card into thinking it's an XT. Just like that, you get a $400 card for $250.

I'm loving this thing, it can handle anything I throw at it and the fan is only loud when it gets over 75C, which is never. I put the fan on 100% to see what it sounded like and it was like a lawn mower lol.

I finally got my CPU overclock stable. I think I ran into what they call a "Stability Hole" between 3.0 and 3.2 Ghz. I can run it at 3.6 Ghz perfectly fine.

New score is 13236

ORB

:)

nice overclocking....

but wtf is going on with the freezing issue?

freezing issue i'm assuming your talking about 3dmark?

its a catalyst/driver issue with the pro's and 3dmark... supposedly the next catalyst pack should fix it... i'm thinking of downloading some beta drivers right now to see how that goes

but its a simple fix to get it from freezing.. you just delete a certain file in your system32 directory for 3dmark and it'll start up again...

so far in testing i took this beast to 865/1037 for testing.. or something of that nature.... i hate having a stock cpu.. holding me back badly

and as for the bios flash.. mine doesnt seem to wanna work.. i dont know how many times i've tried.. it just won't work.... but i don't really care.. not like its changed how far i can oc it anyway!

I knew about the splash screen freeze and fixed that already.

It was just randomly freezing during the first test. I can't get my clock stable above 835/945. Anything higher gives me errors in future mark or the screen goes red or black. Are you using 2x6 PCI-e or a 6 and an 8?

so flashing Pro to XT automatically "up's" the speed of the Pro to XT speeds instantly?

inconcivable!!

yes it does..... even tho its so hard to believe... but that flash increased you 3dmark score by a good bit :) congrats

so flashing Pro to XT automatically "up's" the speed of the Pro to XT speeds instantly?

inconcivable!!

From what I understand, it adds voltage to the core (which was lowered when the XT was made into a pro) and it gives the HD 2900 Pro the HD 2900 XT's clocks.

So yeah, but I guess theres more to it than just upping the speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom