new hard drive...

Status
Not open for further replies.

advancedgeek

Daemon Poster
hey guys i'm thinking of getting a new hard drive sooner or later or now and i might need a bit of higher performance and a bit more of storage and i'm thinking of getting a velociraptor and a 1.5tb hard drive so is the velociraptor worth the buy now or should i wait for new ones?

no the velociraptor is not a good buy, really a wd 640 or a seagate 7200.11 500 is a way better buy and the performance drop is very minimal

ok i heard that those velociraptors are very fast and what is the point of getting a velociraptor? also yeah the 1.5tb didn't seem expensive to me because back then i bought my 400GB hard drive for around US$240 and the top of the line 500GB costed like $350 or something and now hard drives are way cheap than what you could think.

In my opinion SSD's are still incredibly overpriced for the amount of speed
increase and decrease in storage space.

I don't think VelociRaptor 300GB are overpriced and I would go with a VelociRaptor over a SSD. It is faster than most of the SSD.

SSD's - there are only a couple good ones out there too. If you plan on getting one you better dig deep and find the one that performs the best.

I just got a Seagate 640gb HD and it flys! I just bought two 74gb Raptors (8mb cache) and it benchmarks faster - just not in Random Access time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom