New hard drive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

solid102

Baseband Member
Hey i was thinking of replacing my old harddrive with a new one now the problem is I got all my stuff along with drivers and windows on my old hard drive.

Is there a way for me to copy everything on my newer hard drive without having to go threw that re-activation of XP crap i had to go threw the first time i upgraded my pc and if so how?

Ditto. Nazisoft won't let you do that. It's actually not Nazisoft's fault, it's just how OS's work...I just wanted to call it Nazisoft.

what if i get vista can i switch where widnows is installed yet still be able to obaitn all my drivers from my old hard disk.

Assuming all your hardware is compatible with vista, you could download all your drivers and make your old harddrive a slave to pull all your other content. A fresh OS and up to date drivers is a good thing.

Set the jumpers on your old hdd to slave. Your new hdd should have a jumper setting of master. Make sure the power cables are hooked up correctly and don't forget to ground yourself to the case before anything. Also keep your computer unplugged until your done.

Install vista or whatever and you should be in business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom