New guy,just finished first build, what do ya think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
why would he need luck if he we're to go xfire? he said it himself that he doesn't know much about wire management, it doesn't mean that the antec isn't a good case.

and you don't HAVE to use the igp from a 790gx to have a reason to get it. sometimes it can be had for a good price so you get what's available.

why would he need luck if he we're to go xfire? he said it himself that he doesn't know much about wire management, it doesn't mean that the antec isn't a good case.

and you don't HAVE to use the igp from a 790gx to have a reason to get it. sometimes it can be had for a good price so you get what's available.

For one he doesn't have a whole lot of room.
Two the wire management is terrible.
Also he probably shouldn't crossfire on that PSU.

As for the 790GX it's waste that he WON'T be crossfiring on that board.
If he's not going to crossfire OR use the IGP he could have gotten a 770, 780L, or 785 and saved money.

Thus why it's a waste.

orihS ‪‪‪Shiro;1782200 said:
For one he doesn't have a whole lot of room.
Two the wire management is terrible.
Also he probably shouldn't crossfire on that PSU.

As for the 790GX it's waste that he WON'T be crossfiring on that board.
If he's not going to crossfire OR use the IGP he could have gotten a 770, 780L, or 785 and saved money.

Thus why it's a waste.

no, you assumed he wasn't going to xfire. who's to say he won't upgrade his psu and pick up a second card later on?

and even though it was for a small period of time, he did use the igp.
I got the 790gx because I did plan on not having a graphics card for a while.
and it's not surprising that plans change. so he got a dedicated card, big deal. its not like he made a mistake by getting that board.

no, you assumed he wasn't going to xfire. who's to say he won't upgrade his psu and pick up a second card later on?

and even though it was for a small period of time, he did use the igp.

and it's not surprising that plans change. so he got a dedicated card, big deal. its not like he made a mistake by getting that board.

Well I guess I like to take cost into account just a little more than I like to take the thought of dumping extra money in the future.
Also the 780L and 785G are both cheaper and offer IGP's of comparable performance.

No, he didn't make a mistake, but if he had gone a different route he would have saved some $$.

Unlike some other people on these forums I am not made of money and when I am maximizing a build, I pick cost/performance over performance, while still trying to account for upgrade ability on the first purchase. He's stunted himself from cheap upgrading in the future by not shelling out for a decent PSU now or a roomier case, but still shelling out extra money for a more expensive motherboard just for the IGP?
785Gs are a little cheaper and have pretty much just as good of an IGP.
780Ls are about half the price of 790GX's and have a decent IGP which is comparable.

I could honestly care less about wire management. This PC does what I want and I have less than $800 in it after rebates. I'm sure I could've done a few things different but you live and you learn! I may put another 5770 in it down the road with a bigger psu. This single 5770 outperforms my PS3 so I'm happy. Now if I could only get my PS3 controller to work on my pc, I'd be in heaven!

Seriously, who cares! Good job and the PC man. Like you said it does what you want, don't let anyone try and get you down for it. For the PS3 controller, I remember a couple of years ago someone made a driver but it was kind of iffy. Try a Google search and see what comes up.

Seriously, who cares! Good job and the PC man. Like you said it does what you want, don't let anyone try and get you down for it. For the PS3 controller, I remember a couple of years ago someone made a driver but it was kind of iffy. Try a Google search and see what comes up.

Thanks man, I've had ZERO problems with my build and am still overclocking it. I've been running at 3ghz for a week so its time to bump it up a little more. Its very stable with prime95, everest, etc.

I have a Motioninjoy driver setup but its real iffy. I may just buy an Xbox controller.

Yeah I would do that too, Xbox controllers have the best button layout if you think about it. Either that or buy one of those wireless rumblepads for $35 on Newegg. I want to get one of those because it's the same layout and feel as a Playstation controller but they don't sell them where I live.

Here's suggestion, I have the exact same thing, bought it from Best Buy for retail a year or so ago, comes in incredibly handy for gaming and I also use it to browse Media Center so I can control my HTPC experience from the couch. :)

The controller is exactly what sells for $50 in stores, mine actually feels better than most others and I prefer bringing it over using my others.

360 Wireless Controller + PC Wireless Receiver - $40
Amazon.com: Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows: pc: Video Games

Well, I just snagged a free, joytech xbox style controller. So I'll just use it! I may man up and just use the keyboard and mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom