New GPU (gtx 260?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThirdLeft152

Daemon Poster
Its been a while since i've been on the forums, but i'd like to get some advice about a new card. I've been doing a little research and noticed that the 4870 and gtx 260 are very close in performance. although i've been reading other threads and i know most of you are probably going to push for the 4870. From the benchmarks that i have been looking at the games i play run slightly better or comparable to the 4870. Nvidia also has CUDA, so i think im going to stay with the gtx 260.

So my question to you is which company should i go with for the gtx 260. I want to keep the price sub $250 (AMIR) if at all possible so that rules out all the new core 216's. I really like evga because of their warranty, however i notice MSI has a better deal. The MSI comes with R6V2 and also includes a dvi>hdmi adapter which i will be needing anyway for $230 AMIR whereas the evga comes in at $230 AMIR without the game and the adapter. I've never owned an MSI video card nor do i know anyone that does so im a little skeptical buying if it only has a 1 year warranty. Will the MSI be on par with evga and all those other brand names?

Its been a while since i've been on the forums, but i'd like to get some advice about a new card. I've been doing a little research and noticed that the 4870 and gtx 260 are very close in performance. although i've been reading other threads and i know most of you are probably going to push for the 4870. From the benchmarks that i have been looking at the games i play run slightly better or comparable to the 4870. Nvidia also has CUDA, so i think im going to stay with the gtx 260.

So my question to you is which company should i go with for the gtx 260. I want to keep the price sub $250 (AMIR) if at all possible so that rules out all the new core 216's. I really like evga because of their warranty, however i notice MSI has a better deal. The MSI comes with R6V2 and also includes a dvi>hdmi adapter which i will be needing anyway for $230 AMIR whereas the evga comes in at $230 AMIR without the game and the adapter. I've never owned an MSI video card nor do i know anyone that does so im a little skeptical buying if it only has a 1 year warranty. Will the MSI be on par with evga and all those other brand names?

the evga gtx260 comes with the hdmi adapter im 100% certain. now the game no doubt evga cant match, but the warrantie is much better with evga.

i dotn fidn it to be the best idea to get a 9800gx2 from bstock, mayeb a mroe reliable card but somethign that gets that hot with only a 90 day warranty. would be very iffy.

go on evga.com look at bstock and pick up a 9800gx2 for 219

well i thought about the 9800gx2 and i saw the deals on b-stock but i think i'll still stick to
the gtx 260. i'd rather not rely on a dual gpu solution.

the evga gtx260 comes with the hdmi adapter im 100% certain. now the game no doubt evga cant match, but the warrantie is much better with evga.

are you sure, because its not listed under the specs on newegg nor shown in the picture nor is it listed on evga's website...its not a huge deal that it doesn't have one but that is just one more thing i'll have to spend $10 on if i get the evga one.

pretty much every card will come with an adapter these days... but i rekon u should go for the 9800gx2. if it runs a lil hot, just notch up the fan speed a lil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom