New Gaming/Work Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet, then i guess thats a pretty complete build. I wont need to much power after the system is built since i wont ever open it up to add/remove anything. But 850W is pretty nice since it can account for everything. Clocking in at $2072 before tax thats not bad at all. Thank you for a build

Yeah, it sucks having to pay taxes when ordering from NewEgg. Don't get me wrong... I like that they have a warehouse in Tennessee, but I sort of wish they would have put it in Georgia or something...

^ Nooooooo, don't do it Newegg haha

Do they still charge you taxes if the package isn't coming from the state you are in, ie, like if something is coming from NJ.

Yea, its nice i get stuff in 2 days time, But i hate paying the taxes for stuff. I agree the warehouse could be in Georgia and not TN. Now the unpelasent part of building a computer..building it. I hate giving up a day to build a PC.

Yea, its nice i get stuff in 2 days time, But i hate paying the taxes for stuff. I agree the warehouse could be in Georgia and not TN. Now the unpelasent part of building a computer..building it. I hate giving up a day to build a PC.

Really a day?

I think it takes like 10 minutes (assuming everything goes perfectly well), but then again you are on the Intel side, so the push pins might give a little trouble.

I'm slow at building machines, cause im so perfect about everything. Its a drawback of mine. The last machine i built i spent 6 - 7 hours building and hiding cables and tieing stuff down. It looks nice when im done...but why i feel the need to do that ill never know. If someone hands me a built machine im not that way.

nah, it cant be that unpleasant. building it yourself gives you a feeling of satisfaction. you build this machine, and when you finally turn it on, it works? at least for me, i feel some sense of satisfaction.

ive never really built a pc from the ground up. ive only bought a handful of parts and installed them (psu, hdds, gpu) and ive taken some old pc's apart to clean em an put em back together. nd everytime, i am pleased when it turns on and everything just works. :)

is it maybe that youve just built so many pc's that you're just tired of it?

edit: also, hiding cables isnt just aesthetically pleasing, it improves airflow so besides having a clean look, it has functionality.

I have most likely just built to many PC's in my life time to be honest. I think I'm in the area of 200 machines built from the ground up and I'm only 29. I am proud when it turns on tho, and I'm very proud of how nice it is on the inside when I'm done. I'm just OCD on it i think. It has to be perfect before i put the side case on. Altho in defense once i build a machine i dont get inside of it unless i have to. Meaning something died since i don't ever upgrade parts.

If you have a Microcenter near you check them out. They usually have the i7 920 for $200-$230 so you might save a little bit.

And one thing to check is make sure the heatsink will fit that mobo. I forgot about that and some big heatsinks have clearance issues on some motherboards.

And I'm the exact opposite with computers. I build cheap and upgrade fairly often. I also mess around with things a lot. I actually don't even have my side panel on because I've benn messing around with the components so often lately :)

Erm that concerns me about the heatsink issue. I guess ill do a little research after i get home and figure out if itll work in that motherboard. I can tell by looking at the case that everything will fit so thats not a issue at least. I use to leave my case open until a dog did his duty on a $2000 build =\ Doggy got a new home the next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom