New Gaming Rig Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bran57

Solid State Member
Hello everyone im trying to put together a new gaming rig. I currently am looking at the EVGA 4-WAY SLI Classified Board

Newegg.ca - EVGA 170-BL-E762-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 4-WAY SLI Classified XL ATX Intel Motherboard $410

and the i7 930 CPU

Newegg.ca - Intel Core i7-930 Bloomfield 2.8GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80601930 $304

Minus the CPU and Mobo I have about $2200 including taxes to spare on parts and I am trying to get the biggest bang for the buck. I would prefer ATI cards for the Eyefinity, besides that im open to anything unless you guys can convince me on Nvidia. :tongue:

All suggestions are aprreciated!:D

whats your budget? and requirements for your computer ( what are you going to be doing with it, how much hard drives, what kind of optic drive, do you need a monitor and a key board etc etc etc ) and ill put together a build for you

Open to anything now. $3000 Canadian - At least one blu-ray drive, 2tb min, I am using it as an entertainment/ gaming rig, and I don`t need any accessories such as a keyboard or a monitor. Would prefer multiple gpu`s and a quad core i7 at the minimum.

You don't need the Classified, it's really expensive for just an X58-based LGA1366 board. Anything based on the X58 chipset should be both SLI and CrossFireX compatible. For $209 (USD) you can get the Gigabyte X58A-UD3R which works pretty well and has SLI/CFX support (X58 chipset). It overclocks well too. If you're going for Eyefinity, get the 5870 or 5970. My 5870 works well on Eyefinity for 3 1920x1080 monitors but not in games like Crysis. I would definitely recommend Eyefinity though, it is pretty awesome and you get a better gaming experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom