New gaming rig need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

geforce8800

Banned
I got some parts in mind but I am confused when it comes to CPU, i need your opnions and suggestions experts please help :) thank you. btw not just gaming also doing some college work such as programming except video encoding.

CPU: Intel i5 750 or AMD Phenom 955/965
Mobo: intel p55-gd65 or crosshair formula 3
RAM: Corsair XMS3 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit ( i5 not sure for AMD)
PSU: PSU OCZ StealthXStream 600w Silent SLI Ready Power Supply
GPU: ATI 5770 (not sure about)
HDD: WD caviar black 640GB
CASE: N/A any idea?

The i5 has better performance comparing to the AMD.
I would buy the Asus P7P55D.
The RAM seems good to me.
Don't know if OCZ has good PSU, I know they make good RAM. Usually the forum recommends Corsair or Antec PSUs.
Regarding the other components it will be better if you give us your budget.

how about the rest of the parts though are they alright? if you have any other good suggestions please do share it to me. thanks

like theyve ^ said, go for the i5 build, but personally i would go with a different mobo like an asus or gigabyte rather than msi.

if youre still lookin for a case, thats really up to your personal prefrence, but you could tell us around how much you want to spend on one if you want some suggestions.

everything else looks good.

my budget is around £400-500 am not looking for extreme gaming rig, just i can enjoy the quality of the game and can do some college work as well. MSOffice + Visual Basic. though music and watching stuff on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom