New Gaming Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeF

Baseband Member
Hello all, I have just finished compiling (and ordering mostly from TigerDirect) what I hope to be the ultimate gaming PC. I have spent many hours (and several thousand dollars) on this project and can barely wait until I can begin assembly. I would appreciate any feedback as to my choices listed below. Please no holding back!

AMD64 FX/57 CPU

2X western Digital Rapture 10K on RAID 0 SATA-150

OCZ EL Dual Channel 2048MB PC3200 DDR 400MHz Titanium Memory (2 x 1024MB) I'm starting to think I could have done better on memory as I am finding out this has limited OC potential

DFI Lanparty NF4 UT SLI-DR NVIDIA Socket 939 ATX Motherboard / Audio / PCI Express / Dual Gigabit LAN / S/PDIF / USB 2.0 & Firewire / Serial ATA / RAID

Xion 600w PSU 20/24 pin (seems to have everything my board requires)

Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic PCI Sound Card

Win XP Pro x64 edition /Not sure what I'm getting into on this one other than I expect 32bit software trouble like with Symantec

and the creme de la creme : ) BFG 7800 GTX OC 512MB X2 on a SLI rig :::wrings hands in anticipation:::
Though a little aside about Nvidia. the games that their cards produce arn't the only ones they play. They do a bit in the marketing department as well like shipping these cards way under demand. They sold most of what they released on the first day and the rest on the second. Obviously a ploy to jack up retail cost and I have seen them go for over $800. A bit more than the origonal MSRP of $649! But what can you do they are the best right now and they know it.

for a cooling solution I got the relatively inexpensive Kingwin AWC-1 with an additional heatsink for my extra Vcard. I will probably get a sink for the northbridge one of these days as well.

oh and I got the plexor slotloading DVD burner. I know,I know kinda a rip at $149.00 but I just love the slot load and the absence of the stupid headphone jack and volume that no one ever uses.

my case is somewhat hard to explain. I bought it like 4 years ago but it is still a sweet case so I am going to use it. It has all rolled alluminum on the inside (no sharp edges) and all thumb screws. It is very thick with a solid silver/grey enamel and thick acrylic face. (I will post a pic if anyone cares) Unfortunately is doesn't have a clear side to show off all the aformentioned so I have a feeling the side will be off a lot of the time : )

well that's about it I guess. I can't wait to start building my Frankenstein! Course I will have to wait God knows how long for my backordered Vcards and will have everything else before that I can't do anything with till I get them! ARRRRGHH!! oh well I will just have to drool over the other componets in the meantime. Again tell me what I could have done better! Thanx JF

excuse my ignorance but I don't know what a POS is. However, it was $109

OH DUh I get it piece of sh__ If it's that bad I will replace it. no big deal. though I was hoping for feedback that was umm a little less Ghetto?

JoeF said:
OH DUh I get it piece of sh__ If it's that bad I will replace it. no big deal. though I was hoping for feedback that was umm a little less Ghetto?

Wow, your not bright. buts its your money w/e

Heres a better Power supply.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817103931

I know alot more about Power supplies and anything computer related for that matter, it would be wise to take my advice.

lol it isn't a piece, Ste just goes hard on psu's.
It'll hold up, but you could get much better for a cheaper price.
And lol at the dvd burner. Looks like you can throw away your money easily.

Looks like a F****** nice machine. I wish i could buy that. I'd say get regular XP pro, not the 64 bit because it is buggy with drivers, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom