New Gaming Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Clockworks

Solid State Member
Hello everyone! I'm looking to build a new gaming rig desktop. I used to use an Asus G73-Jh but I'm going to give it to my woman and I'm in need of something new. This time I'd prefer not to have a monster laptop and would much rather have a epic tower and decent sized monitor. I was wondering what sites I should use to configure such a computer. I was thinking Cyber power or ibuypower?

I'm not sure on a budget... I'd like to spend under 2k. But as long as I can play anything on whatever setting I want.. I'd say no more than 1,500.

What resolution is your monitor (or, do you want)? What frame rate do you want (minimum)?

This will run Crysis at max settings, 2560x1600, at about 23.6 FPS. To get at least 30 frames per second on those settings, you'd have to get an ATi Radeon HD 5970, or use two cards, and I can't seem to find a 5970 on Newegg right now...

This is a good guide for choosing parts.

Also, the 5970 is incredibly expensive. See?

I like that guide. The resolution on my laptop is 1600x900 so I would like something somewhat better. But everything looked great on it. I'd like a Monitor about 22" big and I'll also use two monitors (possibly three). As for Frame Rate.. I'm not sure for them. As long as there is no chance of lag in any major city in WoW and no lag in Oblivion or Fallout I'm good. But I don't want that to just be the limit. I'm probably going to be going for more PC gaming then Console gaming.. since almost all games run better on Pc's then consoles.. from what I have seen.

I like that guide. The resolution on my laptop is 1600x900 so I would like something somewhat better. But everything looked great on it. I'd like a Monitor about 22" big and I'll also use two monitors (possibly three). As for Frame Rate.. I'm not sure for them. As long as there is no chance of lag in any major city in WoW and no lag in Oblivion or Fallout I'm good. But I don't want that to just be the limit. I'm probably going to be going for more PC gaming then Console gaming.. since almost all games run better on Pc's then consoles.. from what I have seen.

If it can get 25, 30 fps on Crysis (average fps for console games is 30 fps)(and that's for max settings on Crysis), it isn't going to lag in those games. But if you're going to use a multi-monitor setup for playing... Might want to go up a level.

Also, this is a 23" monitor I found on Newegg, looks like a pretty good price.
Newegg.com - Acer S231HLbid Black 23" 5ms HDMI LED-Backlight LCD monitor Slim Design 250 cd/m2 ACM 12,000,000:1 (1000:1)

You're going to need massive amounts of power if you want to run anything but wow with 3 monitors. Does 3 monitors even help in wow? I thought it just was better for fps games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom