New gaming rig!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes...but I've heard that motherboards, supporting two kinds of RAM, could be buggy....and by the time DDR3 becomes mainstream and more affordable, there will be better motherboards out there to handle them.

ya sort of like the AsRock mobos which used both AGP and PCI-e, it was a good idea... but it was buggy.....

Yes...but I've heard that motherboards, supporting two kinds of RAM, could be buggy....and by the time DDR3 becomes mainstream and more affordable, there will be better motherboards out there to handle them....but it's your choice. I'm just giving my opinion.
Yes, probably it's not worth the risk, so I think I'll go for the GA-P35C-DQ6, which is almost identical. Is this a good mobo anyways, or do you think there are better choices? (I'm not interested in accessory stuff or overclocking capabilities, I'm only talking about performance and stability)

You won't get the power supply, but a more expensive motherboard? I think you meant the P35-DQ6. Anyway I think the P35-DS3R is the one to go for.

You won't get the power supply, but a more expensive motherboard? I think you meant the P35-DQ6. Anyway I think the P35-DS3R is the one to go for.
Honestly, I didn't check the price, I thought it was the right one, but it's also possible I got confused with all those numeric codes!
If the DS3R is the "standard" P35 mobo, then it's the one I'm looking for.

It's not the standard P35 motherboard. It's just going to be a very popular one, because of it's price and performance, making it a very good bang for your buck motherboard.

It's not the standard P35 motherboard. It's just going to be a very popular one, because of it's price and performance, making it a very good bang for your buck motherboard.

i couldn't have said it better myself...........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom