• Splinter Cell - Chaos Theory

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrash

Solid State Member
Hey ppl i just put together A new budget gaming pc i was wondering if people could give there thoughts bout it or any recommendations

AMD 3700+ running @stock
Asus a8n-SLI deluxe
1gig(2x512) corsair xms (soon to be 2gigs)
ATI x800gto2 limited edition running at 400/1000
250gig samsung sataII sp2400c
soundblaster audigy
2xSamsung dvd-rw
Tagen 480watt psu

cheers

Not bad but you could have gone with a cheaper motherboard and a better graphics card :D but anyways still pretty good

yeah here is what you wnat to do, switch mobo to MSI K8n neo4-f, then change ram to 2x1GB Value Ram, any of these brands is fine: Corsiar, Crucial, OCZ, G.skill, Kingston.

Actually dude the onboard on the A8N sounds the same when using an Audigy 2.. it's all about your speakers. I use an X-Fi, I dont like onboard sound, but seriously, the onboard sound sounds the same as when i used an audigy 2.

Your system is actually almost identical to the one I am currently about to build, except for that I have 2gb of ram straight away and a geforce 7900gt. Regarding the sound card, I've not heard the onboard for this mobo (I've herad other places it's very good), but having a dedicated sound card like an Audigy does free up CPU cycles since all of the sound processing is handled by the card. This can lead to a noticeable FPS increase in many games. Not a major boost but it is there.

jorsoft03 said:
Your system is actually almost identical to the one I am currently about to build, except for that I have 2gb of ram straight away and a geforce 7900gt. Regarding the sound card, I've not heard the onboard for this mobo (I've herad other places it's very good), but having a dedicated sound card like an Audigy does free up CPU cycles since all of the sound processing is handled by the card. This can lead to a noticeable FPS increase in many games. Not a major boost but it is there.

Yup, that's why I opted to use my Turtle Beach card instead of on-board when I built my rig..I never used the on-board at all. My Turtle Beach card sounds awesome and has a lot of options/settings.

Gaming Rig

thanks for da comments,

btw PZEROFGH yeah i kno wat you mean bout the cheaper mobo and better graphics but i have seen machines cripple by cheap mobos and my mate has this one so i knew what i was getting so i thought wat the ****. i am quite happy with the graphics runs all games basically full settings full res with no lag so i am quite happy with it .

i really hate msi mobos, also i dont understand wat you were saying bout the ram. i feel it is better to have decent ram rather then lots of crap ram.

You'd be surprised.. with my 1GB dual-channel Kingston DDR400, I lag a lot in BF2 on medium settings..if I throw in my 40$ 512mb DDR400 stick of Kingston, I no longer lag..even though I'm not in dual-channel anymore.

If you play BF2, I think you'd be better off with the 2GB...BF2 is a huge RAM hog.

Also, that is a pretty good video card. My friend has the same one, and he runs BF2 at max settings, 6xAA, on 1024x768. He has a AMD 3500+, with 2GB DDR333 RAM...so it should do you well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom