New Gaming PC.. Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris0201987

Solid State Member
What do you guys think? any suggestions???

I HAVE THE FOLLOWING:

MassCool NexTherm CS-ICS8200 Black ATX Mid-Tower Case wth Built-in Air Conditioning

Intel D975XBXLKR Mobo

OCZ GameXStream OCZ600GXSSLI ATX12V 600W Power Supply

SAMSUNG 18X DVD±R DVD Burner With 12X DVD-RAM

LITE-ON Combo Drive Black IDE

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS Platinum 7.1 Channels PCI Interface Sound Card - Retail

STILL NEED TO BUY THESE:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 Conroe 2.66GHz LGA 775 Processor Model

EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX

OCZ Gold Series 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5400)

Western Digital Raptor WD1500ADFD 150GB 10,000 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive - OEM

Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD2500KS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

I have quite a lot of suggestions for you.

I have heard of the case with air conditioning but if it works.... The 975 chipset isn't very good for overclocking really however if you don't overclock I guess it's a fine chipset. Still I would prefer a P5B Deluxe or P5B-E since C2D's overclock so **** safely for a huge performance increase.

The OCZ is an ok power supply but the 12's aren't the stable. There are a lot of ripples in the voltage (4%) which is quite a lot. However there are 4 12 volts with enough amperage combined where this wouldn't matter with a system like yours. I'm just saying there are betetr PSU units out there for the money.

I would buy an X-fi Extremegamer over an older Audigy 2 becuase of EAX 5.0 and it's just an overall better soundcard for not much more.

The E6700 is all right but the E6600 is better for the money really...most people buy an E6600.

The 8800GTX is great and it's EVGA can't go wrong there.

OCZ don't make "bad" ram but G.skill make better for the money. Unless somehow you got a really good deal on the OCZ I would suggest picking up a few sticks of G.skill. The Hk and HZ model are amazingly fast but even their DDR2-800 NQ kit is faster and probably cheaper than those OCZ's.

Get one raptor for load times and OS but run a Seagate 7200.10 as they are more reliable than WD...not to say Wd isn't a good brand.

Ive been trying to find out for a while if the Intel D975XBXLKR Mobo supports DDR2-800. the only mem that its supports that i know of would be 533 & 667

i know the newest model Intel D975XBX2KR supports it but not sure if the LKR does.

also the E6700's price has dropped from $580.00 to $339.00 on newegg.com so its not a bad deal

also buying

SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22" Widescreen LCD Monitor

Pretty much any mobo if it supports C2D will boot up with any speed memory as long as it is DDR2...your fine.

Well this is true that it has dropped but still the difference in stock speeds isn't really enough to warrant a 100 bucks difference IMO. Plus if you were to overclock the E6600 overclocks better with it's multi being at a nice number.

That monitor is expensive but one of the best there is. I myself would get a Viewsonic or an Acer to save cach but if you like beautiful monitors then the Samsung is certainly nice.

sadly I dont know how to overclock.. (im still a Newbie Tech) lol

im getting a deal on the monitor for $150.00 thats why im getting that one

I would like to get one of the newer MOBO's but I pulled an idiot move and bought my mobo in october -_-' lol (still havent opened the box though

oh i see (bonehead move, but it happens when ur new)... put it on newegg and see if u can get a decent price on it ) or better yet try eBay lots of computer boneheads buy PC parts there! and then get yourself a shiny new Gigabyte 965DS3 and overclock the CPU like ****!! looks like Sora beat me to another build advisor help thing... but is ultra correct everything especially on the fact that e6700 has a horrible price to performance ratio! (517$ is not worth it!!) take an e6600 one of the overclocking champs and OC it to 2.66 ghz! u just saved 252 bucks yay!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom