New Gaming PC...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cody

In Runtime
Ok I posted this in the wrong section before not realzing there is more than 1 forum for PC building (give me a break, its been awhile since I've been around :p)

I have finally decided everything I want except for the mobo, it's a toss up between 3...

Case: Antec P180 Mid-Tower Silver (No PSU)

Monitor: 19" Viewsonic CRT (Already have and will NOT switch to flat)

Keyboard/Mouse: Logitech MX5000 Bluetooth (alrdy have)

CPU: Intel Core2 Extreme processor x6800 (2.93GHz)

Memory: Corsair 2 GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz - 2 DIMMs

Hard Drive: Seagate 500GB SATA-2 Hard Drive 7200RPM 16MB Cache w/ NCQ

Video Card: ATI X1900 XTX 512 MB

PSU: OCZ GameXStream 600W Power Supply

Cooling: Case comes with 3 fans... I will get the 120 mm for the front and GPU later.

DVD: LG DVD Writer 16x +/- DVD-RW w/ Lightscribe

Mobo:
1) MSI 975X Platinum V.2 Core2 Duo DDR2 800+ upto 8GB, 2 PCI-E 16X, Gb LAN, RAID, IEEE 1394, SATA2
2) Gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6 Core2 Duo P965 DDR2 800 IEEE
3) Asus P5W DH Deluxe Core2 Duo, Intel 975X 1066/800MHz, Dual-channel DDR2 800/667/ 533 max 8GB, Dual Gigabit LAN

Sound Card: SB Live! Audigy 2 (alrdy have)

What do you guys think?

you make me jealous. :) If I were you I would got with a 74gig raptor also since you are already going this big. :D

and I would get a 500gig in sata 3.0gb/s newer technology and faster.

Those are all good brand mobo, I dont have any experience in c2d boards, I am sure that in a little bit someone else here will suggest one of those for you.

well i've heard a lot of solid pro's for the Gigabyte DS3 as the best value mobo for OCing and stability.

so i'd suggest going for the gigabyte.

Also just a thought but if you want to save money and get better ram you could get this
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820227089
only problem is that you have to manually set timings and speed for the ram but after that they OC really well and are very fast too. just don't expect any rebates from OCZ.

hope that helps.

Is there a difference between the ATI X1900 XTX and the Sapphire X1900 XTX?

Also, does anyone have any other opinions on the mobos? The Asus or the Gig?

best board for conroe is inteld975xbx! :D

bad axe...and blue flame heat sinks!!! You can't beat that...can't beat the blue flame! hehe

Also, why not switch to flat...or more correctly LCD. I have 4 giant CRTs, 2 19 and 2 20...I'll switch...when they die! But I would. Nothing wrong with LCD...or maybe by that time, flexible oled...or nano crystal :p

lancec2c30 said:
and I would get a 500gig in sata 3.0gb/s newer technology and faster.

He is getting one. SATA II = SATA 3.0gb/s. Even if it was SATA I (or SATA150) it wouldn't make a difference. SATA I isn't even being fully itilized. A good example of this is the Raptor X 150GB hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom