New gaming keyboard opinions needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfenwick

Fully Optimized
Ok, just finished my annual LAN party, it was a blast....but have decided it's time to upgrade from the $9.99 keyboard specials I've been using for years. I went into the store today and have sort of narrowed it down to these two options:

Newegg.ca - Logitech 920-000914 Black 106 Normal Keys Wired Ultra-thin Illuminated Keyboard - Keyboards

and the

NCIX.com - Buy Razer Tarantula Gaming Ultrapolling Keyboard Black USB 10 Macro Keys W/ USB Hub & Headset Ports - RZ03-00070100-R2U1 In Canada.

Don't worry about prices, i can get them from within $5 of each other. I'm just wondering if anyone has any personal experience with them? I find the logitech slightly more comfortable and I really like the illuminated keys feature as I'm not much at micro and often find myself fumbling for the keys in the dark as I get ganked from behind in dota. However, the Razer has they mic/headset jacks on it which is a big bonus for me, and is still very comfortable.

Any first hand experience/opinions?

Oh, and am open to other recommendations around the $75-1000CAN level.

I would sell you a G15, the blue version for 50$ right away if I could.. I'm planning on buying that logitech illuminated actually, amazon has it for 65$ Amazon.com: Logitech Illuminated Ultrathin Keyboard with Backlighting: Electronics .

Something to consider is that logitech has no drivers for windows 7 yet, so the screens on their keyboards are useless, along with the macro keys. I didn't try the disk that came with my keyboard because it sprouted legs or wings or something and is no where to be found :(.

Go with the $65 amazon Logitech Illuminated not G15. I have th G15, and while its great, its not as great as the hype would have you to believe.

That keyboard has no macro keys though. How can it be a gaming keyboard without macro keys?

Its not a gaming keyboard.
Honestly, other than AOEIII I have never used my macro keys. They're over rated and not that useful really. Except for RTS or WoW there is no need for macro keys, don't believe what they market.

Finally got my g15 to work with windows 7 now, and as zedman said its not the "greatest" keyboard ever.. Its decent, nothing special really. I need a smaller keyboard now with my desk, and quieter since I find myself staying up rather late now. Which is why that logitech seems like the perfect keyboard for me, media keys and all. The volume wheel is my favorite part of the G15.

Macro keys really are only for mmo's mainly and a little bit for rts. They're not supposed to be for shooters or anything. I would imagine that they could be useful for pulling off a complex attack in a fighter though.

The ultimate accessory for the Razer Tarantula...the Razer Battlelight.

It literally mounts on the keyboard in the integrated razer Battledock that is built into the Tarantula.

89_1.jpg
5_6.jpg

5_8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom