ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe
Corsair vengence blu 16GB dual channel DDR3 memory kit
Kingston SSD V200 series 256GB SATA III
EVGA Geforce GTX680 2GB 256 bit DDR5
Seagate barracuda 2TB 7200RPM
Silverstone 850W PSu

Is this a good build? All suggestions are welcome and will be very helpful
Thanks!

You obviously don't have much of a budget to worry about so I would change the SSD to a Samsung, or Vertex 4, and swap the PSU out with an HX or AX Corsair. Just so you know, that machine doesn't need 850w.

Depending on the model, Silverstones are quite good Quality, so I'd keep it.... but yha 850 is ginormous.

Bewarned, Some Silverstones, like my da700, are quite large in size.

thanks guys for the responses! ill keep in mind the power supply.

How many watts PSu would be needed?

The better the balance with a system the better, I'm running a 750watt, but I'm overclocked at 4.6GHz on a quad, so its just nice, plus an overclocked 6870.

If the system is pulling 70-90% of the PSU's total output, it will be at maximum efficiency. So going over on watts not only wastes money with the extra rated throughput, but burns coal faster too. :)

how do you know how much wattage you need? do you calculate all the components and add the manufactures ratings? lets say SARTHAK added a dvd drives, would he still have too much? can you have too much wattage or is it just a waste of money?
Generally I take the recommended wattage of the GPU and add 100-200w depending on the rest of the system, and if multiple GPUs are wanted. DVD drives, HDDs, fans, and lights don't take up that much power at all.

Back
Top Bottom