New gaming computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColombiunPride

Beta member
I was thinking of buying a middle to highend gaming system with nVidia SLI and an Athlon X2 series processor. After doing a couple of google searches I came across Zenotek Gaming systems; http://www.zenotek.com . They look like they sell high end gaming systems, and their systems look fairly decent. They have a lot of helpful technology and system components information, and look trustworthy, something I'm impressed with considering that they're a new company. I'm narrowing it down between ABS Computer systems and Zenotek Gaming Systems

I'm looking for a good gaming rig, any one have any suggestions?

build it yourself... You'll save cash and be much more in tune with what your machine is doing. You'll learn a lot about how it works and how to optimize it. If you REALLY don't want to learn, (which is absurd, because it really is that easy) then I would stroll on over to www.monarchcomputers.com

Ryan

I would suggest, and i'm sure everyone else on here, that you build your own computer useing these two site.

www.newegg.com

www.zipzoomfly.com

You will save money by buying all the parts seperately, and putting them together yourself. Plus, you will gain a lot of knowlage about how a computer works. Also, I'm sure a lot of people here would say stick with an AMD 64 3700+ or even an Opteron and not get a dual core proc. You could use the money you saved to upgrade your video card, or even a nice 10k hard drive. What kind of budget do you have?

What I would suggest....

DFI Lanparty SLI-DR - ~$190 at newegg
2x eVGA 7800GT
AMD Athlon 64 3700+
OR
Opteron 146 (I've heard these can OC up to 3GHz.)

For the memory, hard drive, and PSU, someone else will have to help you out with that.

why would you want to get SLI GTS?

I would rather get dual core than a SLI mobo and 2 videos cards.

you read wrong. The best cost/performance is a single 7800GT. SLI is worthless, and there are many reasons why. Refer to the sticky in one of the forums that discusses exactly why it is crap.

Ryan

omg people SLI is not crap for the LAST TIME! sli'd cards may not do much at all for low gaming. BUT when res gets into 16x12, 8AA 16Anis and what not, the pull like an ox. You tell me how well a single card does as SLi holds steady, dropping 5fps AT THE MOST!

uh huh... The 7800GTX makes up for the extra 20-30% boost that the 7800GT provides. The X1900 does even more than that. It's a proven fact.

Ryan

BennyV04988 said:
omg people SLI is not crap for the LAST TIME! sli'd cards may not do much at all for low gaming. BUT when res gets into 16x12, 8AA 16Anis and what not, the pull like an ox. You tell me how well a single card does as SLi holds steady, dropping 5fps AT THE MOST!

FOR THE LAST TIME SLI IS A WASTE OF MONEY!!!!! yea maybe its better if you play your games at like 2048x1536 or w/e those high settings are. But thats like a whole .001% of the people out there.

still at 10x12 and aa it flies. Its a matter of a HUGE demand being spread between two sources. When the demand is low, a second card seems to respond as dead weight. Some jobs are best done alone. But when you strain the cards to produce high quality imaging, they can do it with VERY little performance loss. I don't think SLi off the bat is a good idea no. BUT nvidia has ALWAYS been dedicated to their products and will increase the effectiveness of SLi. It's inevitable. They've already put out updates on SLi and the increase is signifigant. I would say to buy a 7800GTX and SLi em in the FUTURE. or if you have time and money wait for this new **** from Nvidia which is...the G71 / 7900?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom