New gaming computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Building your own pc is actually quite easy. After you do it once its a piece of cake. Your best bet is to get your cpu from clubit (if you get a q6600) and then just use Google Product Search to find the other parts. Newegg is a good bet for most of the parts though.

Building a pc is basically just a few steps.

1) open case
2) insert power supply
3) mount motherboard
4) mount hard drives/optical drives
5) install memory on mother board
6) install cpu on motherboard
7) install heatsink on cpu
8) plug in power to everything
9) turn on and install windows

Unless you have a Tuniq Tower 120 and then you want to mount that on the Mobo before dropping it in the case.

Also, you could just go with your budget, you could think about just getting the 8800GTS now and then use the step up program to get into the 9 series. You'd be about as up to date as should/could be.

Ya, my steps werent exactly an exact detailed instruction manual, more of a "its not really as hard as you think it is" example.

Yeah just look for some basic tutorials, the build in my sig is my first, things get dramatic and tiresome, but when you hit the power switch and the led's burn your eyes:D , you have pride in your creation. It's totally worth it and you learn about all your parts.

Well my next upgrade besides a potential hard drive upgrade within a year is going to be the next gen Nvidia GPUs coming out. I want to get the 9800 GTX this time around though..... but yea with your budget man I would probably go with the 8800 GTX if you can afford it. Go with 3 gb of ram also if you use 32 bit vista otherwise use 4 or more with 64 bit because 32bit can still address up to 3.

It just can't be recognized by the 32-bit OS. I guess it wasn't designed to use that much. That's where the 64-bit version comes in.

Ya i'll eventually pick up a 64 bit version whenever i "find" one. Just been too lazy to bother with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom