New Gaming Build - Ordering Tomorow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks reasonably good, a few changes I might suggest:

-This hard drive (ebuyer are never very clear on which harddrive they are selling, and the overclockers one is cheaper anyway)

-Motherboard: 780i is a waste of money, particularly as your aren't using SLI (and SLI GX2 is just silly). I personally would suggest a P35 board such as this one, although the Asus P5k and Gigabyte P35-DS3R are also good choices. As good performance as your 780i, more stability etcetc. The only reason for an Nvidia board is for SLI. If you want something more modern, there is the X38 series, which aren't bad choices, just a bit more cash for very little extra.

-RAM. What OS are you using? unless its vista 64, I'd get 2GB, which should be more than enough. pc2 6400 (800Mhz) is more than enough (it will overclock as far as you need to for your CPU, and this stuff is very good. Certainly all you will need for gaming

-With all that money you've saved, get a better HSF, the AC7 will stuggle overclocking a quad. Try a Tuniq tower or a Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme (for which you will need a fan).

- Make sure your GPU isn't EVGA

evga is great for gpu's....

also, seconded on the 790i, isn't really neccesary for anything you're going to be doing, so go with a p35 board as they will be the cheapest and do what you want them to do. also the tuniq tower is hard to get in, and isn't as effective as the TRUE (Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme) so get the true and a scythe s-flex 120mm fan to go with it.

ah, didn't really think it was possible to have such different experiences from one company just by the country you live in.... ah well, +1 to my knowledge base, and yeah, go with bfg cause they now have the step up :D (or just good luck with what you have :D)

Ok,
Thanks for the responce.
Is the Abit IP35 good for overclocking? As im hoping to reach at least 3Ghz with the Q6600...

Also, yes i am running Vista 64x so 4gb is ok...
You say the ac fp7 isnt very good for cooling a q6600 - what would you reccomend - im gonna be ocing it...

Is this one new? I've been out of the new hardware loop for a few months.

Looks like a shameless TRU120E copy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom