New gaming build advice appreciated

supermole

Beta member
Intel Core i5-4670, EVGA GeForce GTX 770, Fractal Design Define R4 (Black Pearl) - Mean streaming machine - moleymatt's Saved Part List - PCPartPicker United Kingdom
there's my build, using ram and hard drive from my previous computer.
Is the evga 770 sc the best version of the 770's or can I save £20 and get a asus/gigabyte one?
I'm also debating between the noctua and the corsair h100i, Which is the better cooling solution and which is quieter?
Is the mother board good enough for over clocking the cpu or would a upgrade be needed there?
I'm trying to keep the build under £800 so any money saving advice is appreciated.
Any general advice is welcomed and appreciated.

Well few problems off the bat. You won't need to worry about extreme cooling or OCing because you didn't select the 4670k. You need the k series CPU to OC. On that note, you don't need to OC this CPU at all and you won't need to for quite a while.
As to the cooler, always AIO water over large tower cooler. I suggest the H60 if you're sticking with the 4670 because you can't OC it.

Since you're asking, all 770s are practically the same. The only difference is factory overclocks and cooler designs. So, although I always suggest eVGA you can get whatever is the cheapest to fit your budget. The only major difference between 770s is the 2GB vs 4GB version.

Back
Top Bottom