new gaming beast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I have done a bit more research, and I agree with NoClue that the q6600 seems like a good bet for the future. Although I do have a new question...as a temporary (6 months or so) processor, would the 2.66GHz E6750 get the job done as far as running brand new games on max settings, or would it be a bottleneck?

dont get any dual core that is e6xxx. if you want a dual core, get the e8400. it is the same price and it is 3.0ghz and 45nm

and in terms of a processer that will just hold you for a while, go with an e2200 and overclock it, thats what i'm doing for the time being and its working out great for all the games i play, which is most latest games except crysis on 1440x900 and i've got a 256mb 8800gt :D

Go with the q6600... you probably want a "gaming beast"... not a "gaming beast that will one day be such a beast because i have an e8400 because i'm waiting for the new cheaper 45nm quads to come out etc."

Also pick up this for your cpu as a cooler

Newegg.com - XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler - Retail

Since the q6600 your ordering does not have a stock cooler...

ALSO! if you do want a beast of a rig... Why not go for 9600 gt 512 in sli? It is cheaper then the 8800 gt 512 in sli AND! performs better!

If you are now into the idea of the 8800gts g92 then that is fine... There is nothing wrong with it. I just suggest that if you do go sli, go with the 9600 gt 512 x2

hmm I'm surprised you say that, my bro is running an 8800GT along with a E6550 and it seems to perform very well. But, I will most likely take your advice. What is wrong with the 6xxx though?

hmm I'm surprised you say that, my bro is running an 8800GT along with a E6550 and it seems to perform very well. But, I will most likely take your advice. What is wrong with the 6xxx though?

There is nothing WRONG with it.... But you can do better for the same or just a little bit more... that's all we are saying...

9600 GT 512 SLI performs better then 8800 GT 512 SLI for some reason... The cards 1 v 1 themselves though don't really compare... the 8800 gt blows it away.

they are old. and too expensive

exactly, why bother with previous generation technology when you can buy newer things for cheaper. The 8800GTS is a great card if you choose to go wit hit. i can run crysis on high with 4x AA and theres no lag at all. The only single card that can hit ultra high res is the GX2, and its not worth the money.....yet i bought one....heh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom