New FSX Gaming Rig - How Does It Sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed with Evergreen on the dominator, it's a waste of money. Just get the G. Skill recommended. And that monitor that Evergreen suggested, is an awesome one.

XMS2 isn't the best RAM for the money, i've heard quite a few bad things about them. Corsair makes good value memory but I don't like their XMS line. G.Skill Makes better ram for the money.

Also as stated Dominator and other like it just are not worth the money. If you want better performance you might just go with a 20.1 inch monitor as it'll yield higher frames than a 22inch if you don't mind it being smaller.

Even if you are not overclocking, get an aftermarket CPU fan/heatsink combo, so you will be futureproof for that. Oh, and the only way you can mess up a cpu is if you turn the voltage up to absurd amounts.

Even then most of the time your computer will shut down before it does any serious damage really, overclocking these days is pretty much foolproof.

EDIT: I agree get a decent CPU cooler, I used to recomend the Artic Freezer 7 but i'm ****ed at them becuase they went from 29.99 to 69.99!!!!!! They are a good cooler but **** not that good!

ok ill definitely switch over to the g.skill as stated earlier. and whats the take on the 20.1 inchers? will they give me better frames? will they run fsx better?

also, what are some good cpu coolers. will the included HSF with my processer be ok for OC ing. how much will a descent HSF cost me? and if you know any, can i have some links?

thanks

Yep those three are known as the best..i'd just get whatever you can find cheapest. The 20.1 inch as opposed to say a 22 inch will give you higher frames becuase its a lower resolution. Unless you absolutely need that extra 1.9inches I would suggest saving money since you will get better frames and 2.01 is already quite big enough for most people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom