New to the forum - need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

drkodin

Beta member
Hi guys, new to the forum and i could really use your help.

I have a rather unique situation for my job where i need to run a program on my laptop and have it displayed somewhere else. The farther away i can get the display the better, and of course wireless is the best solution if even available.
The program itself is VERY low on system demands and the display is mostly text so there aren't a lot of graphics involved either, however the text needs to be read clearly so quality is somewhat a concern.

What i planned on doing until i found this fourm is just getting the following:
- New HP laptop (i hate dell and HPs are customizable) w/Geforce 7200 card (s-Video/HDMI)
- New TV/monitor for dual display from laptop
- longest cord i could buy (150ft s-video, 75ft HDMI)
Then i would just run the cord where i need it to be, but this leaves the problem of having a 100ft cord draping everywhere.

Phew! Ok, so this finally brings me to my question for you guys. Is it at all possible to broadcast a display signal from the laptop to the TV/monitor? The laptop, TV/monitor and anything in between is all open for you to piece together since nothing is purchased yet and lets just say there isn't a budget for now since i would like to know what it would cost if even possible to do this wirelessly. The internet connection is DSL speed coming from a sat. dish (DirecWAY) and connected to a Netgear wireless G router.

All i have found wirelessly for video is the cheap $50 things you buy at Best buy; they are complete garbage. I need this to be as high quality as possible. Please help :)

Thanks in advance!
-Andy

a projector won't work for two reasons:
1) The display needs to be too far away, the farther the better. For a better example reffer to my cord lengths mentioned, 75-150ft.
2) the second display won't be in line of sight. The laptop is generally on the second or third floor of a small building and i need the display on the ground floor.

Wireless is the best solution for me and is whati am trying to find. I know it has to exist somehow (news crews and such use it all the time) i just need a start on where to start looking. Price may or may not be a concern, i just have to know what is involved before i can start making the budget decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom