New Dual Core Computer Troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

derekj46

Solid State Member
I just built a new computer and I haven't yet been able to even get to the bios.

here are the specs:
-Foxconn NF4PIK8AA-8EKRS Socket 940 NVIDIA nForce Pro 2200 ATX AMD Motherboard
-AMD Dual-Core Opteron 270 Italy 1GHz FSB 2MB L2 Cache Socket 940
-2gigs Corsair XMS (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) ECC Registered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model TWINX1024RE-3200LLPT
-SAPPHIRE 100101SR-RD Radeon X850XT PE 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 VIVO PCI Express x16

when i try to turn the computer on it appears as though it were running, but nothing appears on the screen. i have tried using different monitors, outputting to a tv, and i even swapped out video cards with my other one, and the x850 worked on the other computer, but the other video card did not work in my new one. i am worried that maybe the cpu is not compatible with the mobo although it says it is compatible with the opteron dual core series... any help would be greatly appreaciated. thanks!

derekj46 said:

-2gigs Corsair XMS (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) ECC Registered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model TWINX1024RE-3200LLPT

U dont need ECC ram for a normal computer, ECC is mainly for Servers.

Also... dose the computer beep when u start it up?

Re: Re: New Dual Core Computer Troubles

Sprooty said:
U dont need ECC ram for a normal computer, ECC is mainly for Servers.

Also... dose the computer beep when u start it up?

He is using a server.

Make sure all ram, video cards, processors are properly seated.

i'm not using a server, and yes i have checked to make sure everything is seated correctly. i'm not sure what the beeps mean, but i think it may be a problem with the motherboard. if so, would resetting the cmos be a bad idea?

i have seen the beep codes before, and i haven't yet seen one that correctly describes the one i am hearing. i hear a series of longs beeps that have about a 4 second interval, and it doesn't stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom