mole1135

MetalHead Techie
Before i buy let me know wat u guys think

MOBO- DFI Lan-Party NF-4 Ultra-D $120
PROC- AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ $300
MEM- G.Skill 2X 1Gig dual channel $160
VID- Evga GeForce 6800GS $180
HDD- WD Raptor 150GB 10,000RPM $305

You have an overclocking motherboard. So if you're gonna OC get an opteron 165. If not you could get a cheaper mobo. Look into an Asus.

alexsabree said:
lol.... thats an awesome build!!!

Why are u askin us, u just want us to speculate how awesome it is. ;)

mostly.................lol

but i was just wonderin if you guys were gonna say go with the 4400 but i guess you suggested the opteron which i might get.
why are opteron so much better

Ive never had an opteron before

Looks pretty good. The HDD may be a bit of overkill, IMO. Get a 74GB Raptor for games and OS, and a 200 GB or smaller at 7200 RPM for media. Also, unless you plan to overclock everything on this build, the 7600 GT might offer you more bang for your buck. However, if you are going to overclock everything, you might want to consider an Opteron 165 over that 3800+. (EDIT: The 165 is dual core too. Slower default clock speed, but if you're overclocking, it doesn't matter.) Opterons are very high quality, and overclock crazy well.
Missing from build: PSU, Case, Optical Drives, OS
EDIT: Also, if you're going to get an Opteron and overclock, you'll want to invest in a good heatsink/fan like the Thermaltake Big Typhoon, and definitely some Arctic Silver 5. A replacement graphics card cooler might help too. Heck, just get some Arctic Silver 5 if you're using nothing but stock cooling. It's good stuff.

i am planning on overclocking everything

and i didnt feel i needed to show wat psu, opy's, case or os im using as they dont make much of a difference but just for you

OS- XP home
Case- Raidmax RX9 GT
Opy's- Sony dvd-rom/ cr-rw 52-32-52
Samsung DVD-RW 16X 48-32-48
PSU- Antec Truepower 2.0 550W

im failing to see why youre going from a 1900xtx to a 6800gs and why youre buying another 2 gigs.

unless this is a second computer?

and dont waist your money on a 150gig just because its the newest biggest raptor drive and since you have money to burn.Theirs a difference between splurging and being stupid.

Why not just buy a smaller far cheaper 36 or 74 raptor and a larger storage drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom