new dell XPS......more than your car??? - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-12-2006, 06:04 PM   #21 (permalink)
Super Techie
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 406
Default

yeah dell should just leave their gaming to alienware and that case looks like those electrical wire heaters with the coils that heat up and the fans that blow the hot air out...plus they WILL overcharge for it considerably considering how they are pure evil
__________________

__________________
AMD 3200
2x512 coasair valueselect
eVGA 6800gs
MSI Neo4-f
Anec true power 480 watts

-92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy this.
SomeIranianKid is offline  
Old 05-12-2006, 09:43 PM   #22 (permalink)
True Techie
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 147
Send a message via AIM to mrscientific13
Default

My God! Can Dell get any more retarded? As if the renegade wasn't enough. And I agree, it does look like a radiator. It heats a full sized living room and plays all of the latest games. Or maybe they've built the computer inside of an air conditioner. These new Dell comptuers are all crap. The Renegade looked like **** with it's flame paint, and this one is just going to be an overpriced block of metal.
__________________

mrscientific13 is offline  
Old 05-13-2006, 01:04 AM   #23 (permalink)
Master Techie
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,992
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by mrscientific13
My God! Can Dell get any more retarded? As if the renegade wasn't enough. And I agree, it does look like a radiator. It heats a full sized living room and plays all of the latest games. Or maybe they've built the computer inside of an air conditioner. These new Dell comptuers are all crap. The Renegade looked like **** with it's flame paint, and this one is just going to be an overpriced block of metal.
Couldnt have said it any better my self
__________________



May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face, and may the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars
Lord AnthraX is offline  
Old 05-13-2006, 01:31 AM   #24 (permalink)
True Techie
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 125
Send a message via Yahoo to ManBearPig
Default

i know dell bought out alienware and decided to merge xps with the alien case and you get a radiator and you get ripped off over $4000...

but dell has the quad sli.. newegg wont get it for awhile..

(who would want quad sli anyway?)
__________________
P4 HT 3.0 Ghz
2x512 Samsung Memory
Intel G945i Chipset
eVGA 7900GT KO
Crappy 80g HD
(trying to get )ePOWER 500watt PSU
ManBearPig is offline  
Old 05-13-2006, 01:34 AM   #25 (permalink)
Super Techie
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 363
Send a message via AIM to chevytrucknut
Default

I'll try not to be mean but, $1300? for that?



okay, on to the gay machine known as Dell.

Don't you guys just LOVE the "Aggressive Forward Leaning Design" ??

Yep, I just did the same thing, put a folded notecard under the back.

BAM I just made $700
__________________
the old system...
OPTERON 165
EVGA GeForce 6600GT
Enermax Whisper II 535W PSU
Big TYPHOON
1.2 TB
1GB Ram
Chaintech VNF4 Ultra
chevytrucknut is offline  
Old 05-13-2006, 01:44 AM   #26 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
 
RockyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 893
Send a message via AIM to RockyZ
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by mrmiggidude
Well i'm not one to hijack a thread...but...

E1705

17 inch UXGA Truelife screen.

1.83 gigz intel dualcore processor

100 gig hd

1gig ram

8x dvd burner/cd drive

Nvidia 7800 Go card.

bluetooth

8x dual layer dvd burner

9 cell battery

Upgraded wireless card

1199. 1300 shipped.
You got some accesories like bluetooth and a wireless card, but is it really worth the 200+ dollars extra you spent on that setup. You have a 1.8ghz dual core INTEL processor, that has got to be very slow. I have no idea how you can ever call that a killer machine. My computer, even though it is outdated, outperforms yours and my computer totals to 1400 with a 19 inch monitor and a Lian Li case.

Sorry to burst your bubble but Dells suck, so back on topic, Dells suck.
__________________

e6300@2.8GHZ
G. Skill 4GB(2x2GB) DDR800
eVGA 8800GTS 320MB
super pi: 1m=20s
RockyZ is offline  
Old 05-13-2006, 02:07 AM   #27 (permalink)
True Techie
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 125
Send a message via Yahoo to ManBearPig
Default

lol i have a gay dell and its pretty gay..

but i have to admit i got a quality mobo.. but with weird 5 pin fan connector

Intel 945G
__________________
P4 HT 3.0 Ghz
2x512 Samsung Memory
Intel G945i Chipset
eVGA 7900GT KO
Crappy 80g HD
(trying to get )ePOWER 500watt PSU
ManBearPig is offline  
Old 05-13-2006, 02:25 AM   #28 (permalink)
Monster Techie
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,304
Send a message via AIM to NewCents05
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by RockyZ
You got some accesories like bluetooth and a wireless card, but is it really worth the 200+ dollars extra you spent on that setup. You have a 1.8ghz dual core INTEL processor, that has got to be very slow. I have no idea how you can ever call that a killer machine. My computer, even though it is outdated, outperforms yours and my computer totals to 1400 with a 19 inch monitor and a Lian Li case.

Sorry to burst your bubble but Dells suck, so back on topic, Dells suck.
k well his is a laptop and yours is a desktop so obviously theres gonna be a big price difference plus performance difference

1.83ghz intel duo processor is pretty **** fast its def not slow

for a laptop for 1300 thats a pretty good deal imo most people here are too familiar with desktops and think thats a desktop but finding a laptop with that performance for 1300 is somewhat rare.

but there are a few laptops out there that could out perform that in that price range.
but that is a pretty good laptop for the price so i dunno why everyone is on your back about it
NewCents05 is offline  
Old 05-13-2006, 02:34 AM   #29 (permalink)
The Angriest of Amoebas
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,180
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by NewCents05
k well his is a laptop and yours is a desktop so obviously theres gonna be a big price difference plus performance difference

1.83ghz intel duo processor is pretty **** fast its def not slow

for a laptop for 1300 thats a pretty good deal imo most people here are too familiar with desktops and think thats a desktop but finding a laptop with that performance for 1300 is somewhat rare.

but there are a few laptops out there that could out perform that in that price range.
but that is a pretty good laptop for the price so i dunno why everyone is on your back about it
I agree completely!
__________________
toxicity_27 is offline  
Old 05-13-2006, 02:55 AM   #30 (permalink)
Super Techie
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 363
Send a message via AIM to chevytrucknut
Default Whoops!

I take back what I said, I didn't know it was a laptop. Those are gonna run a lot more than desktops anyways. So, my apologies.

Back to the subject though, Dell sucks...
__________________

__________________
the old system...
OPTERON 165
EVGA GeForce 6600GT
Enermax Whisper II 535W PSU
Big TYPHOON
1.2 TB
1GB Ram
Chaintech VNF4 Ultra
chevytrucknut is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.