New DAW xp won't install

Status
Not open for further replies.

Powdercoater

Beta member
Before I toss this thing off of the roof and then land on it myself I'm taking a stab at getting some help.
I'm building another new DAW. I'm attempting to load XP SP2. The comp gives the logo, will go to bios, posts, boots from cd, begins Windows setup and stops at the Setup is starting windows screen. Next message is the problem has been detected screen.
The bios sees all hardware. I've unplugged the second hd and tried using alternate sata ports for a single boot drive. I've tried setting the bios to both sata and ide. I've reduced the ram to 1 stick near the cpu on the white slot. I've tried f6 and loaded the mb drivers. I've slipstreamed the drivers to the xp disk. I've unplugged the sata drives, installed a 40gb ide drive set to master, set the cd to slave and run setup with the same hang at startup. When I did this the hd acted normally but has started the clicking spasm thing. Gigabyte support says “If your current hard drive is Western digital, please try using their drive utility write 0 to hard drive ( lowe format ) then test again, we have some report that WD drive has such problem.”. I don't want to buy and install Win 7 and at this point I don't know if that would work. Frankly I don't know how to run anything without an os. Since this is a DAW I need my hardware to work and Maudio doesn't have driver support for midiman in 7 and my Delta soundcards are old. BTW Maudio is now unreachable even by email. I'll go to the roof now and pick a nice spot to jump to.

MB - GIGABYTE GA-P55M-UD2 LGA
CPU - Intel Core i3-530 Clarkdale 2.93GHz 4MB L3 Cache LGA 1156
MEM - Kingston ValueRAM 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333
2 drives - Western Digital RE3 WD5002ABYS 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s
Video Card - EVGA 01G-P3-N945-LR GeForce 9400 GT 1GB DDR2, PCI Express 2.0
Power - Antec Basiq BP430 430W ATX12V
Pioneer 22X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW

How long ago was this computer built? I came accross a problem like this a while back, After reseating the RAM and the Processor it worked.

It's a new build. I've managed to get past the problem though. It's my antique version of xp that's the trouble. I found an update from 2002 and after slipstreaming in sp2 the system is finally loading. Thanks for the reply.

It's a new build. I've managed to get past the problem though. It's my antique version of xp that's the trouble. I found an update from 2002 and after slipstreaming in sp2 the system is finally loading. Thanks for the reply.

You're welcome mate, I suspected that aswell. Glad it worked out for you, But I'd purchase windows 7 when you can afford it ;]

Unfortunately I need to run xp because both my audio and midi hardware are no longer supported by M-audio. They can't even be reached by email anymore. All contact is run through a service company. I guess I'll find another company to buy from when this hardware quits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom