New D-D-D-DESKTOPPPP!! (your thoughts please)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoolKitten

Baseband Member
Enermax CS-5190AL Aluminum Series case, DFI Lanparty 790fx-M2R ATX mobo, phenom 9600 black edition CPU, 4gb OCZ Reaper DDR21000 ram + 4GB Gskill DDR2 1000 ram (8GB total) ASUS Lightscribe 20x drw-2014l1t dvd+-r/rw drive, two Asus EAH3870 X2 1gb 512bit graphics cards a la XFire, ABS labs 800watt PSU, and a bunch of neat case bay devices. 3x raptorX hard drives in raid array.

wow overdoing it in a lot of places and underdoing it in a lot of critical areas

revise your build

get these instead

q6600
4gb OCZ Reaper DDR2 1000 RAM (that you have listed) don't get two different types, and don't even get 8gb unless you have a massive workstation planned with it
DFI Lanparty DK p35
PSU is overkill: PC Power and Cooling Silencer 610 is enough for you
no Raptor X's: 7200.11 HD's are hte same price and have 3x-5x more HD space
most Benchmarks prove that the HD3870X2 in CrossfireX is not worth it at all, you should just get 1 9800gx2
otherwise the rest is fine

did you already build it? and if you have try to beat Veedubfreak's TF 3dmark06 score :D

Well you got a Phenom, which are decent, but Intel Core 2 Quad's blow them all away, plus they have those TLB Bugs then theres the RaptorX (refer to my first post) but its still a good Spider Platform Rig

now run 3dmark06!

well I finally got it up an runnin folks, ill be posting pics in a bit, its actually quite beautiful.

yay

because

pichers1.jpg

haha yea bad call on the RAM but I guess no point in criticizing you now, yea d00d post some pix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom