New CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce.CR

Baseband Member
Hi all, I'm about to buy a new PC in a couple of days/weeks. I was doing research the last week and now am at a point were I have to chose and for that I need you help. So far I got this:
AMD Athlon x2 4800+
AMD Athlon x2 FX60
AMD Athlon am2 or Intel Conroe

Now my questions:

1. Is it really worth it to buy a FX60 instead of the 4800+? I mean they both have the Toledo core, the FX60 is just clocked a little bit faster, but therfore a lot more expensive.

2. Is it worth it to wait for the new AMD or Intel Conroe? I mean past CPU's have shown that there first versions were really buggy, like the first P4's or the first AMD XP's. Rigth now those CPU's are at their peaks. If I wait and buy a new amd or the intel it probably isn't worth it in the beginning right?

3. I'm a real ego shoot harcore gamer. In the benchmarks I saw that the AMD's are way better in the games is that true?

greetings from Switzerland:)

Bruce.CR

yeah you can overclock an Opteron 165 to match or above FX-60 speeds. and they are cheaper.

i would reccomend the Opteron 165 but he doesn't seem like much of an overclocker so i would suggest the x2 4400+ because that would be child's play to overclock to 4800+/FX-60 speeds. yes AMD is a lot better than current Intel's for gaming. i would not wait for technology unless it is a complete revolution like say when they introduced dual cores, AM2 is just a socket change. it could perhaps be worth waiting for Conroe but it is a long wait. in my opinion it is never worth waiting for technology, just go with the best that is available.

yeah i might be building a rig that supports conroe cause i cant wait any longer, if i could wait longer i would.

i think buliding a system so it can support a conroe in the future is a waste of time after you see what AMD will do to woop intels *** again. just because it hasnt been announced that AMD will come up with something knew, doesnt mean its not going to. I think that the AMD will kick the living s*** out of Intels attempt at a good cpu.

Yeah but doing an average 20% better than their best CPU is gonna be tough to beat.

unless AMD have done really good keeping a new thing hidden with no knowledge of it what so ever.

but it's really hard to keep things a secret now a days.

why, its not like intel had trouble keeping it a secret, CAUSE THEY NEVER TRIED. dont they announce it themselves? so if AMD wants to kick deys ***, dey wait until Intel releases with no knowledge of their better CPU. Do you actually believe Intel will last long? Come on after all this time AMD has proven they are way better than Intel, and just because Intel announces a new CPU, "yeah its g2 be better than AMD, cause its new". Im sure u no better than that. AMD will not go down without a fight, and if AMD does retaliate, i dont think it will be much of a fight.

AMD ALL THE WAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom