New core i7 build, all opinions welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.
don't get a factory overclocked video card...waste of money for what you can do yourself.

watercooling is just like a pc. don't go prebuilt, do it yourself...especially if it comes with a case..that's a bigger no no.

can't go wrong with biostar boards..good harddrive, and memory is good

Those Thermaltake premade WC kits are absolute garbage. Build one yourself from Petrastech or DangerDen or such.

Also, that PSU you picked is way overkill. You could easily get by with a 600-650W.

Like everyone else said, prebuilt watercooking kits are a big no no. Are you sure you even need watercooling? It is only necessary if you are doing heavy overclocking. Even a good air cooler will get you a good overclock.

If you want to overclock i would recommend you get the ocz platinums

Thanks for the input guys.

I figured i needed a hefty PSU as i play on adding a few extra things in the near future such as a 2nd GPU, soundcard and extra drives.

I've been looking to do some serious over clocking for awhile. My current pc has a tuniq tower 120 and it only keeps it around 40C idle and 50 under heavy load. This is at stock speed.

Additionally water cooling is something i've been looking to try for awhile now and i have the funds to do it.

If you guys could recommend a build using the following sites:

Canada Computers - Your Neighbourhood Computer Store and Service Centre - PC Systems and Hardware Components, Notebooks, Electronics, and more.
TigerDirect.ca - Computers, Computer Parts, Computer Accessories, PC Components & Electronics
Newegg.ca - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
NCIX.com - Canada's Premier Computer Store - Great Technology, Service and Selection.

Also what do you guys think of the following items

ThermalTake Big Water 760i Liquid Cooling System Kit CL-W0121 in Canada at TigerDirect.ca

Cooler Master HAF 932 Full Tower Black Case RC-932-KKN1-GP in Canada at TigerDirect.ca

Any suggestions for parts i would appreciate

I want my build to have:

Core i7
A fairly recent video card with 1GB of memory, Can be ati or nvidia IDC
Any board with raid setup and SLI or crossfire ability
6 gigs of ram
Full tower case with good wire management
Liquid cooling
PSU with good wire management

Any suggestions you guys have i'll take'em :)

I'd also like to keep it around 1500$$$ if it's a bit over it's no biggie.

The HAF is fine. But as has been said multiple times, pre assembled water kits are crap. Don't waste your money on them.

Are you talking about kits built into the case or water cooling starter kits?

I've heard the kits are good for newbies

Like the one you linked to. Places like Petra's has good starter kits, but there are water cooling people here that can tell you what parts to order and put it together. We have a whole guide about it in the overclocking>cooling section.

That is a REALLY nice kit. I pretty much want the same components except I'm getting the MCR220 instead of the 320.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom