NEW Core i7 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

vusi_dube

Solid State Member
Hi i need some help with a suitable graphics card for the following abny help and suggestions are greatly appreciated

Gigabyte GA-H57M-USB3 Motherboard Core i7 Socket 1156 Intel H57 ATX RAID Gigabit Ethernet - £99
1TB SAMSUNG SATA 2 - £60
2GB BALLISTIX - £55
DULA LAYER DVD RW - £20
ARCTIC POWER 700W - £45
INTEL CORE i7 2.8GB - £230
CoolIT ECO ALC Water Cooling Kit - £53

The mother board has the ablilty to have 2X PCI- E i was thinking 2 x XFX GTS250 Core Edition 1GB PCI E 1024MB Graphics Card about £63 each on ebay.. I'm trying to get this build as close to the £600 mark as possible iits clocking about £705 right now. PLEASE HELP!

Sorry i should've added that i'm trying to future proof this build as much as possible.. I will be upgrading things like the graphics card etc as the money becomes available.. Thanks for the suggestions so far tho..

It will cost more initially but the i7 920 with an X58 chipset mobo will give you better upgradability later down the road. It has a wider video bus that will offer improved performance with a 2nd video card (future upgrade) and the X58 chipset will support the i9 when it's released (future upgrade).

It will cost more initially but the i7 920 with an X58 chipset mobo will give you better upgradability later down the road. It has a wider video bus that will offer improved performance with a 2nd video card (future upgrade) and the X58 chipset will support the i9 when it's released (future upgrade).

What mobo do you suggest? Will the DDR3 one i've listed up there do?

What mobo do you suggest? Will the DDR3 one i've listed up there do?

What online store are you shopping at?

You'll want to look for a 6GB (3x2GB) kit of DDR3 1600. And I wouldn't buy Crucial memory for a Performance PC, I've just seen to many people having problems. OCZ, G.Skill and Corsair are more reliable brands :D

What online store are you shopping at?

You'll want to look for a 6GB (3x2GB) kit of DDR3 1600. And I wouldn't buy Crucial memory for a Performance PC, I've just seen to many people having problems. OCZ, G.Skill and Corsair are more reliable brands :D

I'm sourcing everything from different sources online. Could you make suggestion on what mobo with a link to where i can buy it.. (on the cheap)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom