new conroe build - thinking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jrod said:
Would a 550w psu bottleneck it or would it be sufficient?

The load will be between 400w-500w in the near future with the DX10 and scsi controller + hdd's I plan on sticking in this box. :amazed: So take no chances!

Hey guys need to know if this RAM is the best choice for this Asus mobo? What about latency and voltage for O/C'ing? Is there any better choice of RAM?

Also on the the HDD's what do think about the Raptors in RAID 0? Will the Seagate 7200rmp 16mb drives work just as well?

Ready to get things going and those are the only issues that I can see in my final list. Let me know otherwise if you see anything you would change.

Thanks

^^^^ I was waiting for that! Hehe! :D

I thought I wouldn't say something, but now someone else has! :D

Personally, I think 550W will be fine, even for the next generation's GPUs, even if it means you might not be able to SLI 2 next-gen graphics cards.

Ok, Well get the e6700 if you have the money. Also if you are not going sli don't get the 7960g2. It is just a waste of money. Get a x1900xtx or better yet x1950xt. IF you are going to get directx 10 cards when they come out. Go for a 1900xt and save a little money for you gpu upgrade. Great high-end system. I just wish I could get the E6700. It is too pricy for my blood. Also you may want to consider waiting a month or two for price drops.
the 550w may be fine for now and a year maybe two. I woud go for a 650w or even a 700w becasue you plan to upgrade. You may not need all that power but more is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom