New Computer : want to keep it for a long time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well seems like my google chrome didn't to work with this forum interface. Will use EI.

1 x Case ( NZXT Tempest 410 Gaming Case - Black )
0 x Case Lighting ( None )
0 x iBUYPOWER Labs - Noise Reduction ( None )
0 x iBUYPOWER Labs - Internal Expansion ( None )
1 x Processor ( Intel® Core™ i5-2550K Processor (4x 3.40GHz/6MB L3 Cache) )
0 x iBUYPOWER PowerDrive ( None )
1 x Processor Cooling ( Liquid CPU Cooling System [SOCKET-1155] - ARC Silent High Performance Fan Upgrade )
1 x Memory ( 8 GB [4 GB X2] DDR3-1600 Memory Module - G.Skill Ripjaws X )
1 x Video Card ( AMD Radeon HD 7970 - 3GB - Single Card )
1 x Video Card Brand ( Major Brand Powered by AMD or NVIDIA )
1 x Motherboard ( ASUS P8Z68-V LX -- Lucid Virtu Technology )
0 x Intel Smart Response Technology ( None )
1 x Power Supply ( 850 Watt - XFX Core Edition PRO )
1 x Primary Hard Drive ( 60 GB ADATA S511 SSD - Single Drive - FREE Upgrade to 120GB ADATA S510 )
1 x Data Hard Drive ( 1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 32M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive )
1 x Optical Drive ( 24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive - Black )
0 x 2nd Optical Drive ( None )
0 x Flash Media Reader / Writer ( None )
0 x Meter Display ( None )
0 x USB Expansion ( None )
1 x Sound Card ( 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard )
1 x Network Card ( Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100) )
1 x Operating System ( Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium + Office Starter 2010 (Includes basic versions of Word and Excel) - 64-Bit )
1 x Keyboard ( iBUYPOWER USB Keyboard )
1 x Mouse ( iBUYPOWER Internet Mouse )
0 x Monitor ( None )
0 x 2nd Monitor ( None )
1 x Speaker System ( iBUYPOWER 2.1 Channel Stereo Super Bass Subwoofer Speaker System )
0 x Video Camera ( None )
1 x Advanced Build Options ( iBUYPOWER Specialized Advanced Packaging System - Protect your investment during transportation! )
0 x Case Engraving Service ( None )
1 x Warranty ( 3 Year Standard Warranty Service )
1 x Rush Service ( Rush Service Fee (not shipping fee) - No Rush Service, Estimate Ship Out in 5~10 Business Days )

Here what I have for 1686 USD$ estimated on IBUYPOWER with shipping.

Now, here what I get on NewEgg.

Newegg.com - Once You Know, You Newegg

for 1548 USD$ without shipping. Last time I cheked it cost me around 100$ shipping from them. so
total of 1648.

What is the difference between the 2 build? Why is the one from Ibuypower nearly the same cost for more? Is there some piece that are weaker then the newegg one?

And if anyone knows about IBUYPOWER, what is the difference between the desktop title.

Like If I take the 2012 Paladin Dr. I, and if I take the Gamer Paladin D817, the first one will cost me about 100-150$ dollars less for the same stuff inside. I don't understand?

Well, Ibuypower is a rip off if you know how to build your own system and have done it before. But to the OP, I don't really understand what you're asking? Do you want to build another system like the ones you mentioned? Why are you building one on Alienware? I'm lost.

But to the OP, I don't really understand what you're asking? Do you want to build another system like the ones you mentioned? Why are you building one on Alienware? I'm lost.
Post #11 (with the Alienware build) wasn't from the OP.
Kardiamond said:
My current computer date from 5 years ago and can still run new computer games.
So I want a new computer, if possible that will last as long as the first one.

Kardiamond said:
What is the difference between the 2 build? Why is the one from Ibuypower nearly the same cost for more? Is there some piece that are weaker then the newegg one?
Some of the components are less expensive than the ones you chose.
iBuypower's costs more because they charge a premium for putting the computer together for you.
Also, if you sign up for a free ShopRunner trial on Newegg you can get free shipping, just an FYI.

I hope I didn't cause any confusion. I was showing two DIY builds I did and what buying them from iBuyPower would have cost. The Alienware shows a system that's greatly overpriced for what you get. If it will help I'll edit the post down to nothing.

Ok I will take a look at newegg again. But I think newegg.ca don't have the shop runner thing. I looked all around the site and couldnt find it.

Will check for a better set up and post it.

and Ieatrazor leave your build there its all good :)

Sean W. if you checked my newegg and ibuypower last build, do you have any build thats about the same performance?

Thanks to everybody!

check out NCIX, i like them a lot, they have pretty good prices... and offer pre built systems.

if you stick with a 2500k and a 7970, you are going to be golden. if you keep those 2 components as a constant in any build, its going to be a good computer.

NCIX.ca will price match, so you can shop NewEgg.ca and have NCIX match it if they have a better price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom