new computer under 1.1k please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kur0suto

Baseband Member
Hello. My friend wants to build his first computer and he has a budget of 1.1k(he already has OS). hes hoping to make a computer thats capable of playing many of the newer games and one that will last for a good couple of years with many upgrades options. any suggests or lists would help a lot! thanks!

p.s. a simple black, no side panel case + no lights. also, his room is kinda hot.
THANKS A BUNCH!

Case: Antec 900
PSU: Corsair 520HX
CPU: e6750 or q6600
Motherboard: Gigabyte P35 DS3R
RAM: Crucial 2GB (2 X 1GB), G-skills, or XMS series
Video Card: eVGA 8800GTS 320MB

If you're looking for a simple case get the cooler master centurion 5 and use the saved money for a q6600. If hes not overclocking he will be OKAY with the stock fan in a hot room, you may want to buy an aftermarket cooler.

Case - Your choice
Motherboard - Gigabyte P35-DS3R (From zipzoomfly.com)
CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66GHz
RAM - 2 x 1GB Patriot Extreme Performance DDR2-800
Graphic Card - EVGA 8800GTS 320MB (From zipzoomfly.com)
Power Supply - XClio GREATPOWER 550W
Hard Drive - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB
Optical Drive - Sony NEC Optiarc DVD Burner
Aftermarket HSF - Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro

Without the case, it comes to about $1000, without shipping. I would also suggest you pick the case from zipzoomfly.com, as it will save you a lot of shipping charges.

thanks guys for the help! umm everyone seem to be recommending the mobo, Gigabyte P35-DS3R. but like is there one that supports 2 GPUs? i mean i dont know exactly what effects does having 2 GPUs have or if its necessary, but he kinda wants to add 2 of them in the future.

There is no need to have 2 GPUs, unless you're playing on really large resolutions, with a very large screen. One powerful GPU is good enough, against two lower models.

I dont think the quad is necessary.
I would go for the e6550, its cheaper and it can be OC easily to around 2.8-3.0 with that mobo.
And for the ram...how would crucial ballistix be compared to what you guys suggested?

Hey kur...does he need a monitor too?

yeah he has a monitor already.anyways he's computer illiterate. and all i know how to do is put a comp. together. (also a nub).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom