New Computer TIPS and HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

MackAttack

In Runtime
Sooooooooo I'm building a new computer and I need some tips or help or what I want to get or should get!

here's the list:

Case: Thermaltake Armor Full Tower

Powersupply: ULTRA X2 550W ***is this enough Watts for what i'm gonna have?

Motherboard: ASUS P5W-DH Deluxe

CPU: Intel 775 Core 2 E6400 2.13ghz

RAM: not sure..thinking G Skill 1gb DDR2 800mhz or 2gb if I can afford it

Hard Drive: 250gb SATA 16mb Cache Western Digital

Cooling: Thermaltake Bigwater SE liquid cooling

Drives: DVD Buner and CDRW Burner

Video Card: XFX GeForce 7950GT

Sound Card: Sound Blaster X-Fi

I think this is about it, as for the RAM does 5-5-5-15, 5-5-5-12, 4-4-4-12 RAM make much of a difference?
same with G Skill..not sure if OCZ is good or not..I had if a while ago wasn't sure if I did or not...I like Corsair..but any help is good

I also plan on overclocking my computer..I haven't overclocked before so I gotta learn how too..i've heard E6400 CPU is good at O.Cing...will my powersupply be enough for all this?

not sure if i'm missing anything or if any of this stuff is bad
any tips would be helpful

also I'm in Canada and usually buy from Canada Computers (have cheapest prices i've seen)

hope to hear some good comments about this

thanks!

looks good! ;)

That PSU should be good enough, but some will tell you to get a better known name PSU, I have used that same one for the last few months without issue, so I guess its up to you if you want to replace it.

just make sure you read up on OCing first before you do anything, I researched for almost 2 months before OCing my C2D. it is actually easier then you think once you understand the process, but take the time to understand it first before doing it.

Whats the total cost for all your stuff???

not sure lol..I think I looked it all up on Canada Computers and it was around 1700-1800 or so...I wish I could buy parts at like wholesale prices :( haha they'd be sooooooooo much cheaper :p

anyways thanks for the advice..and yeah I plan on reading up a lot on O.Cing before I do anything..

one more thing.......is watercooling really make a lot of difference? and is it worth it?

thanks

which RAM is better or more worth price..or not much of a difference do you know? Corsair, OCZ or G Skill...

thanks

I would not get water cooling. You aren't gonna need it. Spend that money on 2GB ram. I am personally getting some Super Talent 2GB DDR2 800 4-4-3-8. Great timings and every review I have read said it is the best overclocker ever. See if you can find it. Here it is only about $260.

ferarri said:
I would not get water cooling. You aren't gonna need it. Spend that money on 2GB ram. I am personally getting some Super Talent 2GB DDR2 800 4-4-3-8. Great timings and every review I have read said it is the best overclocker ever. See if you can find it. Here it is only about $260.

agreed, i got a prebuilt watercooling kit and it really isnt worth it. they work well, but nothing a good hsf w/ heatpipes cant do. look for the
scythe ninja:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835185038
or zalman 9500:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835118003

later on if you need it, u should build a wc system yourself with separate parts.

i know newegg doesnt work for u kanuks, but u should still be able to find them up there.

alright thanks for the help....so even if I'm OCing...water cooling isn't worth i?...hmmm I'd like to try it but I dunno now haha

thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom