New computer, tell me what you think! and one little question too

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgoldberg1

Solid State Member
Hey guys, I just built this rig...Tell me what you think of the stats!

Case- Antec Performance One P180B
Motherboard- EVGA A1 775 Nvidia nForce 680i SLI ATX
GPU- EVGA GeForce 8800GT Superclocked 512MB
CPU- Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Conroe 2.66GHz
RAM- G.SKILL 4GB (2X2GB) 240-Pin DDR2
PSU- Antec True Power Trio 650W
HDD- Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM 3.0GB/s
OS- Windows Vista Basic 32-bit (Upgrading to Ultimate soon)

What do you think of the stats?

One quick question too...I have Windows Vista Basic (32-bit) and it says under DXDIAG that i have 2814MB of RAM...My question is...Why does it say I only have 2814MB of ram (Roughly 3GB) when I have 4GB of RAM in my computer? Please help! I'm worried that my RAM is screwed up!

looks great.. but maybe if you got an Abit Ip35-e instead of the 680i.. you could have gotten a q6600

Windows XP Pro 32bit won't recognize more than 3gb RAM.. you need a 64bit OS

aye build looks good ^^ i seen your upgrading to ultimate. if you want all 4gb of your ram to work then like vern said, get the 64bit version.

I know you were probably looking for SLI in the future, but the benefit ain't really worth it. You should've gone for a cheaper P35 board and used the money to get a Q6600, but it's still a decent rig. Maybe try and sell it to someone for profit, or at least in line with what you pay for it and rebuild?

As for the RAM, (man I'm basically repeating vernong here :rolleyes:), you can't do anything about it until you get a 64-bit OS, in which case, you'll have some compatability issues to deal with, particularly with games, as 64-bit OSs aren't the best for gaming, which I assume that's what your rig is for. Maybe pull out two of those sticks and transfer them over to your new build, once you sell that one, it'll fix a lot of your problems.

Trust me, I just made a build recently and I regretted it. I bought the parts total at $590 with MIR and sold it after 1 month's use for $700. You might be able to pull something just as well.

The case will definitley impress, it's Intel, everybody knows Intel, and 500GB hard drive is more than usual compared to what you'd get at Best Buy, throw in the words "Core 2 Duo, SLI-capable, Nvidia, Vista" and you'll be set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom