New Computer Plans:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kisskerven

In Runtime
I said I'd list some details and well here we go- A LOT sooner then I really expected- but hey, no problems here.

First off my computer will be my baby- not just a Game Smoking high FPS demon- but things people don't really do normally (or at least around here)

Everything is Color schemed. They are my favorite colours and I plan to have this computer for at least 5 years, So I want it pretty. This goes from Motherboard, RAM, Fans, PSU and beyond.
-the colours are not crazy- simply Red, Black and Silver, so not exceptionally hard to do.

Now for some stat specs:
Please PLEASE help me here, first off I have NO IDEA what amp/watt PSU I will need for this thing, and much of the "newer technology" doesn't help me - yet.

(and I know some of these parts may make some of you go "booo" but remember its color schemed and I have a hard time finding some other parts that fit- and its not "HA my computer beats all yours!!")

ABIT Fatal1ty Intel motherboard (LGA 775) NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI

Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 cpu (2.66 Ghz 64bit 1066FSB)

G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB)DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 Dual Channel Kit (will eventually have 2 of these- 4 GB total)

EVGA GeForce 8600GTS 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16

Western Digital Caviar 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive (for game files/storage aka HDD 2- HDD1 i havnt decided on yet for OS etc)

LITE-ON 20X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe (SATA)((wasn't going for really bada** here just something to install games and burn backup cds if needed))

Black 22" 5ms DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor (it's not as expensive as you might think- however Iam worried about widescreen... will it mess with games?)

Anyway that's pretty much what I have.. I tried to match up speeds and the like- like the mainboard supports the ddr2 800 ram standard, and the 1066 FSB cpu... so I figured If Iam going to limit myself by colour schemeing.. make it as best and powerful as I can do.

Case is a nice little black thing I plan to dremel out a side window (and install myself) and add a core fan (120) even though it says it gets great coolent from the intake (120), and It will be painted (I do dabble in hobbies lol)

IF you know of other parts that are red/black/silver (and don't glow blue preffered I hate blue LED) please suggest them if you can overclock them to make them match these- or even more powerful. Iam brand new to Intel and Geforce so... any other opinions will be taken- and the board DOES come in an AMD/AM2 socket version virtually identical. (So if Iam convienced to go AMD like I had before the mobo and most other parts won't be an issue.)

Lookin forward to input- as always if I left something out- or you want to ask me something I didn't put- please just ask away- I'll be glad to answer what I know.

I havn't built a computer since my last one (dying as we type) 7 years ago- so I am WAY behind on technology and what it all means.

If you want this computer to last 5 years, replace that 8600gt with a 8800 ultra. :) It is black.

if you can, get the e6750. It is alot cheaper. You just have to find a motherboard that supports 1333mhz fsb I think it is.

heh that would be the problem- I would easily go up a notch or 2 for it- but the FSB would be blown.. and I can't seem to find a mainboard thats red/black/silver enough to satisfy me that would support the higher FSB

and Iam not so sure Iam willing to toss 700 bucks into a vid that will possibly(more then likely) block a slot I may need... expecially when the card I showed here is under 200.

uh. that also takes up 2 slot areas and would block... were lookin for Slimline here... unless someone can look at the board and gurantee it wont block. and that includes hinder airflow

reviewing and reading on it however... I'll be thinkin real hard on the slots that may or may not be blocked... that is one monster of a card... i mean... wow.

so Id block the sli chip (no biggy) and possibly a pci express 1 slot... hmm hmm... now can I get the money for this bad boy....

was i the only one who noticed the Abit Fatal1ity board?

switch that to a p35 chipset or 680i because your paying for the name.... and the p35 owns for the price (680i if ur into SLi)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom