New Computer Plans:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you should get the 8800 GTX from evga.

First of all, the color scheme is black with the name EVGA in silver. It comes with a free game (Enemy Territory: Quake Wars), and between the GTX and the Ultra, you aren't going to see like a huge tremendous difference. They both kick ***. And if you aren't satisfied with the GTX, you can always use evga's step up program to upgrade to the Ultra before 3 months for only maybe 100.00.

ya.. KrazyQ mentioned it a bunch... and I've seen b1gapl recommend it a lot too..

I just don't like how their site says "ships in 7-21 business days." I'd hate to have to possibly wait almost a whole month for a purchase like that.

That bloodiron mainboard is a good point.

I mean I hate blue and the ram slots **** me off and the pata.. but since its the same price as the fatality board- with 1333 instead... its a high possibility - good find!

Not only that but looking into the CPU- it would be cheaper- the 1333 is only about 200 dollars while the 1066 same Ghz is nearly 300 dollars- and for about the price fo the 1066 I can get a 3.0 Ghz (faster) of the 1333....

Why is that? why are the 1333 cheaper then the older 1066? is it because not everyone has a mainboard that supports new 1333 and they are trying to push people to upgrade? Or is there some kind of system flaw in the 1333 that makes them "not as wanted" for gamers?

Honestly saving 100 dollars and getting the same thing- except faster FSB is a serious find and a very great thing.. I mean if you had to choose between putting up with 3 things on the mainboard you hate (the color blue for me) and spending 100 bucks more for less bang...what would you do?

Maybe theres something I can plug in to the PATA to just make it glow red instead... lol.

OH and I know I won't be able to sli/crossfire with the blood iron board since it only has 1 pci express x16 slot- however with the earlier find of that massive fatal1ty edition video card- I don't think I'll need to sli/crossfire- and its 300 where as 2 of mine is about 400- another 100 saved- and if I lose a pci express x1 oh well.. I don't even have anything to plug into it. and before you go off saying "but its fatal1ty you pay for his name" check it out- it out performs every vid card in its class- its actually benchmarked and compared with the 8800 ultra (wich in 1 catagory it actually out performs the ultra- a 600 dollar card!) so don't knock that bad boy.

well if you get a gtx you would probably at best consider sli much less go sli. same with the ultra, if you sli ultras your just wasting your money.

you can get like "string" that is led and lights up so you could just put some double sided tape around the PATA thingy and stick some red/silver (white?) led "string" on it.

well if you get a gtx you would probably at best consider sli much less go sli. same with the ultra, if you sli ultras your just wasting your money.

you can get like "string" that is led and lights up so you could just put some double sided tape around the PATA thingy and stick some red/silver (white?) led "string" on it.

Uh.. could you clearify that a little bit.. I don't know if it's because I was up late at a party last night... or if Iam tired or what but Iam not sure Iam getting what your saying lol

Iam not sure on the vid cards, you said GTX- but you linked a Ultra... so that didn't help much.. and the 8800 from fatality is pretty impressive- even comparing it directly to the ultra- its up to par with it on most things. In fact.. choosing between the two:

The ultra- for 300 dollars more only seems to give these advantages
128 v 96 stream proccessors
1510 v 1500 (Mhz) shader clock
103.68 v 80 (Gb/sec) bandwidth
384 v 320 (bit) memory bus
2160 v 2000 (mhz) memory clock
768 v 320 (mb) video RAM
612 v 650 (mhz) core clock (no I didn't switch them- the fatal1ty has higher)

SO to me- its a waste of money for the ultra. 300 dollars more for minimal improvement- expecially when I've been on a 128 mb Radeon for like 7 years and it still plays Doom 3, UT2k4 and FEAR flawlessly. So the 768vid I find useless- if 128/256 can handle it, 320 definately will. You gain very little in buying the ultra over it- the clock speeds are slightly faster (except in the case with core clock) and anything with 320 bit memory bus is going to scream for games- heck even 128 bits work well.

Final conclusion for me- 4 hours of reseach and thinking- 8800 ultra OUT. Not enough performance for its price.

XFX GeForce 8800 GTS - Fatal1ty edition - beautiful card, and not just its colours.

its LED 'string' or 'wire'. he means just get some double sided tape and use it to attach the LED glow wire around all the slots you dont like.

an easier way would be just to grab some colored tape >.>

and if you wanted something that plays new games at great fps liek they all said that cards gotta go. why pay for 2 low end card in sli instead of payign for 1 high end card. then you wont need the sli. unless you want the sli just to sound cool when you tell people about you system. cause it does sound good in a description, if they dont notice what cards are being sli'd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom