New Computer pics 56k Warning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya, that's a sweet desk.. since I'm moving soon.. I'll be replacing my current one...

Give me that Brand name and Model :)

constructive critisism welcome

88095345xy1.jpg

Not too keen on the skulls to be honest :p
But thats just personal preference :rolleyes:

possibly get rid of that slimline pc case. i know your hardware has got to be choking in there. does not look like good air flow.

the case looks fine for a htpc but for a full fledged desk top playing gta4 it looks hot. you should get a antec three hundred. the case looks like a DVD drive lol. it does blend in nicely tho

How on earth did they get an nvidia 280gtx and x-fi fatility audio card in that lunch box? That thing is going to melt a whole through that pretty desk of yours.

This isn't a thread where everyone posts their rigs. We have one of those. This was a guy showing a rig he made for someone 2 years ago. This necro posting is getting old. Put your pics in a new thread. The mods need to lock this one so it doesn't happen again.

agreed. how about the pic your desktop now thread, i think it's called. in offtopic. maybe have that as a stickie or something i dont know.

How on earth did they get an nvidia 280gtx and x-fi fatility audio card in that lunch box? That thing is going to melt a whole through that pretty desk of yours.

that id even pay to see.

Ya, that's a sweet desk.. since I'm moving soon.. I'll be replacing my current one...

Give me that Brand name and Model :)

its an imperial, i modified it, originially it was similar to this
3-Piece Imperial Desk - D51Z29 review at Kaboodle

what i did was remove the 3rd section and each glass is painted black on back side. i used the 3rd glass top i wasnt using and placed it there at the bottom and held it in with brackets...if you notice in pic, its angled with the desk leg and it hides all the wireing/plugs behind the desk.

if i need to get back there, all i do is slide glass bottom up and towards me and it slides out from the brackets but hopefully i wont need back there much

possibly get rid of that slimline pc case. i know your hardware has got to be choking in there. does not look like good air flow.

i've done quite a few high end hardware in small case mods over the years. the key to space is an external PSU brick, thats how i get 900 watts to power whatever i want and 2.5" hdrives, one of which is SSD.
airflow to cpu/gpu is simple. direct ports from case vent to intake.
in the past i've also used slim dvd drives, but not needed this time.

all drives use sata, so that helps too.
heat exhaust on 280gtx as you may know vents out the back of the card, so only the cpu causes most internal heat...a simple plexi-glass form that directs air to top exhaust vent takes care of that.

that leaves me a 3.6ghz oc'ed cpu and oc'ed gpu running normal temps, at least as such it never crashes, but all in a case thats 3.9" wide by 13.8 tall and 14.5" deep
i have done smaller if you can believe that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom