New computer build, tell me what you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Card Trick

Baseband Member
Case
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER HAF 932 Advanced RC-932-KKN5-GP Black Steel ATX Full Tower Compucase Case with USB 3.0 and Black Interior
Hard drive
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Mobo
Newegg.com - ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 AM3 AMD 890GX HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
Graphics
Newegg.com - XFX HD-687A-ZDFC Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity
Power Supply
Newegg.com - CORSAIR Enthusiast Series CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply
Memory
Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL
Processor
Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban 3.2GHz 6 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDT90ZFBGRBOX
Aftermarket cooler
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 "Heatpipe Direct Contact" Long Life Sleeve 120mm CPU Cooler Compatible Intel Core i5 & Intel Core i7
Operating system
Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit - Operating Systems
CD drive/burner
Newegg.com - ASUS 24X DVD Burner - Bulk 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM Black SATA Model DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS - CD / DVD Burners
Newegg.com - ASUS Black 18X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM SATA DVD-ROM Drive Model DVD-E818A7T/BLK/B/GEN - CD / DVD Drives
Is this all compatible? Anything you would change? Let me know =D

Maybe change to DD3 1600 (PC3 12800) ram, it's not needed but I just like that speed better.
Why not just get 2 dvd burners instead of 1 reader & 1 burner.
Maybe get another fan for the cpu cooler so you can do a push/pull setup too.

Everything else seems good and compatible.

I understand what your trying to do with the rom/burner, but by having 2 burner's you can still have 1 dedicated to burning and other to just reading, with the option of a second burner.

For example: 1 dvd reader and 1 dvd burner setup.
If the dvd burner dies, then all you can do with the other drive is just read. Now you must get a new dvd burner to burn.

2 dvd burner setup.
If 1 dvd burner dies, then the other burner can still burn/read.

I know, the haf is loaded with fans... the Cooler Master Hyper 212 comes with only 1 fan, however you have the option of adding another fan onto it which can improve the cooling performance of it.

I understand what your trying to do with the rom/burner, but by having 2 burner's you can still have 1 dedicated to burning and other to just reading, with the option of a second burner.

For example: 1 dvd reader and 1 dvd burner setup.
If the dvd burner dies, then all you can do with the other drive is just read. Now you must get a new dvd burner to burn.

2 dvd burner setup.
If 1 dvd burner dies, then the other burner can still burn/read.

I know, the haf is loaded with fans... the Cooler Master Hyper 212 comes with only 1 fan, however you have the option of adding another fan onto it which can improve the cooling performance of it.
Ok, I see what you are saying. I think I will just do that. I'll take 2 of the same burner that I mentioned above. I think I will be fine with just the fan I picked out because I don't plan on overclocking YET.
Newegg.com - EVGA M020-00-000234 120mm Hydraumatic Bearing CPU Cooler

I just read a review on this (EVGA Superclock CPU Cooler Review | Hardware Secrets), and it supposedly beat the Noctua NH-C14, at half the price tag. Since you picked out a 3rd party cooler in the first place, I'm assuming you're going to be overclocking, so you might consider getting a better one? Just a thought... :)
I will be OCing in the future, but for now no. I read some reviews about the stock cooler being really bad so I kinda got scared. Better be safe then sorry, also if I'll be set to OC.

Also I plan on adding another 6870 in the future and crossfiring them once the new cards come out and the 6870 drops in price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom