New Computer Build - Tech Forum Experts Advice Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

alleny3h

Baseband Member
Hi Guys this is my first post to Tech-Forums :) First of all I want to say that from browsing some of the posts, you guys seem to know a ton about computers and that's awesome.

I've been putting off to get a new computer (gaming) for some time now. One reason being Starcraft II and another being the release of Windows 7. Now that Windows 7 is about to be officially released I think I'm about ready to to pull the trigger (can't wait for SCII anymore :p).

Anyways I see alot of people with LOTs of knowledge on computers here on this site and my question to guys is if you guys/girls had $1,000 - $1,200 to spend on a gaming computer. What would you guys build? I have no preferences and would rather rely on all your guy's expertise :)

Slaymate's build looks good, although it would mean that you would already have a monitor, and you don't intend on buying windows 7.

Another thought, wouldn't it be better to get an nVidia card (or crossfire mobo) to allow for easier future SLI or w/e configuration?

X58's support both Crossfire and SLI, plus that HD 4890 has more bang for the buck as opposed to the GTX 275 which is the same performance but more expensive.

Yeah I was thinking $1200 without a monitor and a copy of Windows 7 is fine.

Specs look good to me. I probably plan on ordering by end of November. Some of these items might get cheaper close to Black Friday?

Thanks for your replies!

The entire scene can change in a week's time. :D

When it gets closer to time to order let us know and we'll whip together a fresh list of what's current.

by the end of november nvidia will be releasing thier new DX 11 GPU's so watch out for those too ;)

Yeah, but they'll still be out of the question, unless he gets slower parts. If he does wait for them to come out, that would mean that current Nvidia cards should be lower in price, so that would be a plus. Although I don't see it being a huge drop in price.

The prices of all current parts will probably be lower as new stuff will be rolled out by then. ;) Such it is to stay on the performance edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom