New computer build - opinions wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's pretty impressive. p45's are good boards, but the 750i has a lot of nice little things that make it better in my opinion.

With the 4850 being cheaper and outperforming the 9800 GTX+ I don't see how one could get a slower more expensive card.

By no means is the 9800 GTX+ slow, but if you can do better for cheaper, then why not?

that's pretty impressive. p45's are good boards, but the 750i has a lot of nice little things that make it better in my opinion.

Like what? I have seen nothing about the 750iFTW that even begins to compensate for the Biostar's overclocking ability.

i like the fact that it has a post trouble shooting led and on the side of the board are power, reset and CMOS reset buttons and solid state capacitors.

and just because something is cheaper does not mean it is better

You know its funny, The TP45 has all of those too. In fact I have 2 debug leds, not just one.

And just because something is more expensive does not mean it's better either.

yes i see what you mean. i agree to disagree :D the 4850 and 9800gtx+ are both great cards. the p45 and 750i are both awesome boards.

No, the 750i is not an awesome board. That is where you are wrong. Nvidia chipsets fail compared to the Intel ones. I'm not going to let you get away with a truce. The P45 is superior, and the 750i FTL sucks.

p45 superior? what? how does the 750i suck? just because it cant hit some crazy high fsb does not mean it sucks. it is still a good board.

Personally the primary reason I buy enthusiast motherboards is because of their overclocking ability. If I didn't care about overclocking ability I might as well get a $60 g31 board since it can do everything else just fine.

As far as overclocking is concerned the TP45hP has a clear advantage as indicated by the fsb it can hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom