New computer build - opinions wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'll agree with you that i have flawed logic but the 9800gtx+ is not slow by any means. and the p45's may be the best overclocking platform for core 2's but the p45's dont do sli.

i'll agree with you that i have flawed logic but the 9800gtx+ is not slow by any means. and the p45's may be the best overclocking platform for core 2's but the p45's dont do sli.

The p45's don't have sli but they do have crossfire. I could argue that the 750i is inferior for not having crossfire support.

price to performance matters, but i'm not so sure the 4850 is faster. sli 9800gtx's is not a waste of money. the 750i does 16x and 16x in the pci slots the p45 is only 8x and 8x when using dual cards.

We had a discussion about pcie a few days ago. its impossible to swamp a pci e slot with either of those cards. You can put two 4870s in CF on a P45 and not have bandwidth issues. it's that fast.

And whether you think the 9800GTX+'s are faster means nothing. There are benchmarks to prove otherwise. The 4850 is higher on our graphics ranking list for a reason. Because there is evidence that says its better.

And the TP45 is 16x 8x anyways. Dont argue that point, I just checked the manual.

PCIE x8 2.0 is fast enough for current cards anyways. The significantly better overclocking ability of the Biostar will have more of an impact on performance.

Those first 2 are no name sites and Legit reviews actually hurts your argument. The 9800GTX+ came out on top once, and that was in 3dmark when they used physX. Everyone knows 3dmark likes G92. The 4850 still beat it in gaming.

In fact I am surprised the 9800GTX+ lost in 3dmark Vantage. Maybe Vantage is closer to real world stresses.

what are you talking about? the 4850 fell behind in almost all tests. the 4850 beat the 9800gtx+ only in cod4 only according to them.

Here is an example of the kind of fsb the TP45hp is capable of hitting.

720mhz.jpg

Biostar TP45 HP @ FSB 720 :) - XtremeSystems Forums

I haven't seen a 750i FTW hit a fsb that even comes within 100mhz of that. While that is using extreme cooling it is still a accurate indication of what the board is truly capable of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom